no LW or RAF section??

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

DavidRed

no LW or RAF section??

Post by DavidRed » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:38 am

hey guys,...Pitti just remembered me, that there was already a LW and a RAF section in the forum....and i remember of seeing the RAF roster.
but now, there is no such section anymore...is it disabled right now?is it planned to be reintroduced?

Tango

Re: no LW or RAF section??

Post by Tango » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:25 pm

It should be in the 'Squadron's' area. If not I'll take a look at the permissions.

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:36 pm

thx tango!now i have access to them....so does this mean, that non JG26 guys, cannot see the LW section???
cause right now, im at the beginning of creating missions for our Flugschule, which is really meant to be only for our ACG members...

Tango

Post by Tango » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:41 pm

No worries man, my fault for not checking permissions properly, sorry about that.

Only members of the groups RAF Pilots/Officers and LW Pilots/Officers can see those forums. Non members or civilians cannot.

^_^

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:13 pm

ok thats perfect!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:37 pm

It's early days but I want to start locking down permissions for different places but I want the input from our main guys before going ahead. It will probably mean creating new groups per squadron and giving particular permissions - don't worry Tango, it's all in hand, I can do this stuff!

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:59 pm

that would be even better i think....
i just asked tango to give pitti admin rights...

anyway, can i make a suggestion? rather than having the rosters, in the forum subsections, i they would fit better in the main section of each the LW and RAF...right now if you click on them, u only see the historical facts...thats fine, and i think this should remain...but i think it would look better, if you see the whole JG26 roster , if you click on LW->JG26, for example...

Edit:i think im not suited as an admin....i just locked my own thread(roster) and now i cant unlock/edit it anymre :lol:

Tango

Post by Tango » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Rosters will be on the website fairly shortly, the main base of the website is done, I just need to code in the rest so that we can get bits and bobs formatted nicely on the pages and pull the info from the database.

Cheers,

Tango

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:51 pm

great!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 pm

That's the plan David, a lot of stuff needs to live publically on the main site, Tango is twisting the arm of his pal to get code to give some permissions on the website as well as forums, hopefully that will come in and then we will have video/training sections etc. Presently all Officers are forum moderators but this will change to specific people in specific places.

I also need to chat with Wolverine about the forums and also with 71st_AH since we have a working partnership with them. There's a lot to do, we'll keep chipping away. Help appreciated from any willing chap :roll: