Screenshots

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Novakaine

Re: Screenshots

Post by Novakaine » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Osprey wrote:I can't see these atm 'cos i'm in work and they block things, BUT Novakaine, if you are a skinner then this is something we need - 4./JG26 need skins, we have a starting template. Interested?

Haha what i posted wasn't a show of any real skill :lol: . I just wanted to see if i could get something into the game. However I do have some experience with gimp and photoshop, so i'd be interested in giving it a go.

Kristorf

Post by Kristorf » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Dark side A/C are so 'particular'.

In the days when I did stuff for IL2/1946 the bickering regarding colours on LW stuff was pathetic, sooo many armchair experts who would criticise but not be able to do them themselves drove peeps away from doing them.

RAF are easier, but the number of different roundel combinations and subtle colour/camo combo's can make research and application interesting indeed.

Well done for having a go though mate
Regards

Chris

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Novakaine wrote:
Osprey wrote:I can't see these atm 'cos i'm in work and they block things, BUT Novakaine, if you are a skinner then this is something we need - 4./JG26 need skins, we have a starting template. Interested?

Haha what i posted wasn't a show of any real skill :lol: . I just wanted to see if i could get something into the game. However I do have some experience with gimp and photoshop, so i'd be interested in giving it a go.

Yeah I can see now but tbh ignoring the red it looks OK to me. Basically there is a requirement to:

1. Produce a template skin for each type, E-1/3/4 and perhaps even some variations on this. No markings but the swastika and black crosses
2. Produce 1 skin for each aircraft numbered 1-20 adding the tiger emblem and a different wk number to each.
3. Produce a profile for each for the website (this is where the variety pays off)

For example http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/squadrons/6jg26.php

And this
Is slightly different to this

Now, historically the Tiger head was on the left side only, this must also be the case on the skins, but this gives us too much of a problem for the website so we shall ignore that and put it on the profiles.

Blood, sweat, toil and tears, and perhaps beer and bratwurst ;)

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Just a couple of screenies to show the new extended clouds and imporoved terrain that one can expect to see using the new TF Patch v4 :)

Last edited by Meaker on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:25 pm

It is lovely isn't it? With additional clouds, the shading across the terrain really brings it to life.

Novakaine

Post by Novakaine » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:53 am

Novakaine's warpaint.

And the night version of course.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Lovely!

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Superb,third one down is my favourite.

Bounder

Post by Bounder » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:43 am

cliffs of dover looking a little better after the patch? :D

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Kristorf

Post by Kristorf » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Bounder wrote:cliffs of dover looking a little better after the patch? :D

Saw this earlier today, the natural 'streaking' down the fuselage is brilliant, only wish it were easy to do on skins
Regards

Chris