COD Bugtracker

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Robo

Re: COD Bugtracker

Post by Robo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Let's not forget that TF has no access to the source code, everything done so far has been achieved by reverse engineering. Even without this particular bugtracker entry, this issue has already been discussed a lot within TF as it would be a crucial part of the night fighter scenario. Unfortunately, it's more complicated that it seems to be from the technical point of view, so please do not take it as lack of will. It's not the lack of manpower either, it's just coding the new lights and shaders into the engine is almost impossible without access to the source code - not to mention the huge amount 3d work required. Unfortunately, the original devs didn't do anything at all in this department, the 3d models do not even contain hooks necessary to make this work. :(

Mind you, the above is my personal view (and observation) as TF member, not official TF statement.

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:26 am

I get all that Robo, and you're a cool headed stand up guy for chiming in. Thanks brudder. Wish I had those mad developer skills else Id jump into it. My thing is electronics and other sundry bits of hobbies and sports. Only language I learned what HDL which is a hardware simulation and synthesis language in the EDA world. I do know how to beta test and the process, so if #610 needs some help there, count me in.

TF_MATTIAS was one of my favorite wingmen over in the II./JG53 and I have nothing but fond memories and respect for him and his family I could always hear in the background whilst he flew with me. Wish we could get him over here.
"Train as you fight, fight as you train"

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Vranac wrote:
Pitti wrote:
Vranac wrote:Yes, and if you noticed varratu also voted against and he is versed very well with 109 history and mechanics.
This has nothing to do with history and mechanics. Technically it works fine it is just the inverted key/button assignement. :roll:
You have some proof for that ?

And again, I think there is no one in ACG at least, who is changing planes more than I do. And I don't have any problem with PP.
If they change that I'll have a problem because I manage PP "automatically" without thinking about it.
Do you have proof that it should not be changed then? You voted remember. .......

If it's wrong then you can retrain, and if you can't cope then invert your setting.

As for Russian's getting all upset, just how primitive are these twats? Can't they fucking read?

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Robo wrote: I appreciate the team effort in getting some annoying bugs out of the way, but I don't see any reason at all to force the opinion on ACG members. I mean if Vranac doesn't like the feature he's free to vote against it.
It's not opinion, it's just wrong. If the stick was all inverted but I didn't like a fix because I'd got used to it then that would be just stupid.

Robo

Post by Robo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:59 am

Bubi wrote:TF_MATTIAS was one of my favorite wingmen over in the II./JG53 and I have nothing but fond memories and respect for him and his family I could always hear in the background whilst he flew with me. Wish we could get him over here.
I agree mate, he's a very nice chap and does HUGE amount of work for TF.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Osprey wrote:Do you have proof that it should not be changed then? You voted remember. .......

If it's wrong then you can retrain, and if you can't cope then invert your setting.

As for Russian's getting all upset, just how primitive are these twats? Can't they fucking read?
Someone who posted a bug have to document it, that's the way it goes on the bugtracker Osprey.

And instead of thanking me for what I have done for your proposal, you're attacking me again. Why?
Like I said you would have 15-20 negative votes and luckily I noticed that and stopped it.

And yes, some of them can read English even if it isn't popular in Russia. They learn German and French much more.

If you had read my post you could find the answer.
Do you know on wich level game sets gunners on a human flown bomber ?
I don't and they don't know also.

I really don't want to argue with you and I won't write in this thread anymore.

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:45 pm

@Robo,

What doesn't make sense regardless of all the other technical challenges you mentioned, is why more documentation is required than pictures of these illuminations on each a/c. I'm happy, willing and the pics are available to do such. I do not have the period technical documentation which was being asked. Nor am I willing to do such without access to and justification. It's not going to affect the holy grail, the FM What is to be gained with this extra level of research that makes it a requirement, as we are talking glass globes and headlamps. What am I missing here?

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Russians learn German and French before English? Even the French and Germans know that English is far more useful....

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:48 pm

I've upvoted the others... now please could you do the same for mine:

http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/614

Note, this is in relation to the following post:
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... =26&t=2176

Thanks.

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 pm

I repost my response to TF_ARTIST here, because for those that haven't seen these documents yet (you may have to register the website to download the Spit/Hurri manuals) to get them and read them. They are good and there is some level of proof of these illumination systems on board each a/c. Hopefully it will satisfy the need for period documentation. The Me109 book is amazingly detailed in comparison.

===================================
ARTIST,

Here you go. Other than pictures, this is the best I can dig up for you with period documentation. Lets start with these primary flyable fighter a/c in CLOD: 109, Spit, Hurricane.

*Me109:* "Betriebs- und Rustanleitung Me 109 m"
Anlage 8, Blatt 3
http://www.avia-it.com/act/profili_daer ... %20601.pdf

*Spitfire:* "Pilot's Manual for Supermarine Spitfire IIa and IIb"
See page 10:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attach ... ii-iib.pdf

*Hurricane:* "Hurricane I Aeroplane, Merlin II Engine
See pages 119 and 127
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attach ... manual.pdf

*Landing lights:*
The pictures are self evident.
===================================

@BONKLIN (Mr. HollyWood),
Upvoted as requested. I think if you can show another picture as what shows up in the track file, it would be exhaustive proof and leave no room for ambiguity.

@ OSPREY/PITTI
Ill be taking that technical officer's insignia on my crate now... sirs.

;)