No.401 Teamspeak Channel Password

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Wolverine

No.401 Teamspeak Channel Password

Post by Wolverine » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:29 pm

I've taken the liberty of changing the No.401 channel password to "canada"

I had to kick/ban a couple of annoying folks the other day. We should be careful, though. It is possible that people are joining the ACG server (the old one) and people are joining the 71st/ACG server (the new one) and the same teamspeak info is being given out on both. That leads to confusion.
Virtual No.401 Squadron - XO

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: No.401 Teamspeak Channel Password

Post by Gromic » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi Wolverine,

ahhh yeah. The reason both servers are giving out our TS IP atm., is because we haven't sorted out the issue concerning our future TS provider and therefore, I haven't changed the in game advertising to the 71st server. Last I heard, osprey was discussing the possibilty of merging our TS servers into one. More clearly said, that ACG TS would be merged into the 71st TS. If that ever fruits then I'll gladly change the advertising to the 71st TS IP. Last I heard, Dawg is looking into how much more it would cost to merge our TS servers by increasing the amount of players that can join.

Right I'd like to get membership up on the ACG squads. I could actually advertise both servers but that would just add more to the confusion.

I feel a need of importance that all of ACG should fly more often on our "new" server, together with 71st. Now I know that 401 does fly there alot so in reality I actually mean the rest of us.

So how about it, what do the rest of you think about (1) flying more often on the 71st_ACG_Combined server and (2) merging our TS with thiers?

Grom
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:26 am

Gromic wrote: So how about it, what do the rest of you think about (1) flying more often on the 71st_ACG_Combined server and (2) merging our TS with thiers?

Grom
Both are good. I already think we should be flying more on the combined server. Now that the connection is so good for us N/Aers I see no impediment to it. I have more fun there anyway. ATAG is generally a joke in terms of its mission structure to me. It's too bad that their coder, who is good, put together that set of missions first and not the channel command one. They'll never be able to switch from them now because it's the main draw for the 'pubbers'.

Combining our TS would be good because it'd offer a truly competitive environment against the other groups with large TS servers. We need to be able to hold 50 players at least I think to organize anything truly interesting.

I honestly think that if we enforce all ACG players to fly only on ACG server, we'll see a shift as more curious people say "Hm, 15 players on that server? Not a bad ping. What's it about then?" Most will go 'meh' and head back to ATAG, but we'll get some. And then we'll get some more.
Virtual No.401 Squadron - XO

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:52 am

Guys, as you know the UK is in Olympic Fever. I have succumbed and find myself watching it all from the moment I get home from work. It could be gloryhunting given the amazing medal tally our small nation has. So when it's all over in 5 days I will have more time (until I go on holiday for a week beginnnig September)

In terms of TS merge, I pay for the TS server so yes, that's one less bill by merging and frankly we can chip in and raise the level if we need to from 50. I would like our rooms set up in an identical way (the COD ones anyway).

We will need to chat with the 71 guys, ideally we can merge the whole shabang, website/forums/TS the lot, but as you know I'm a pernicketer for uniforms and presentation - I don't know quite how to get that across (You know they are named '71st' when they are actually No.71 "Eagle" Squadron right?). David is looking at an alliance with a bomber crew too. With all of these alliances we have some good campaigns ahead of us!

This is going to mean work from people to make it happen of course :roll: