Vapourware?

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderator: Board of Directors

BR Lobo

Vapourware?

Post by BR Lobo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Now 777 starts to presale "Bodenplatte", and BoK its not even released in final version...

Will 4.5 someday be released? What is 1C bussiness strategy? This company is really amazing...

:roll:

Von Archie

Re: Vapourware?

Post by Von Archie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:29 pm

4.5 will be released, I have serious doubts about TF 5 now.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Gromic
Leytenant
Leytenant

Post by Gromic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Von Archie wrote:4.5 will be released, I have serious doubts about TF 5 now.
IMO - don't think TF have anything to worry about unless 777 decides to do the med. DCS, on the other hand, is now seriously under pressure.
64 Squadron / IAP27 Eskadrilya 1

Ryzen 2700x / GSkill 3400 16GB / EVGA FTW2 1070TI / Samsung 970 NVMe + 860 SSD / EVGA 750W PSU / Liqfusion 240 AIO / Saitek Pro pedals / Sidewinder FFB2 / TM TWCS Hotas / Fractal Design Meshify C White

Paddy
Mayor
Mayor
Sqn Cdr

Post by Paddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:25 pm

DCS and BoS are very different beasts but I expect the masses flock to BoS.
Cheers,

Paddy
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:59 pm

It's interesting to see they targeted every single WWII module that DCS has put out. Almost makes me wonder if they are sharing sources or devs. I highly doubt it, but it'll be VERY noticable in how different they make the flight models.

DCS does FMs incredibly accurately, and I think the 777 boys are going to have their work cut out for them. For me and many others the FM is what really keeps me from breaking into BoX. I hope they learn something that will help improve all the FMs even further.

Also, I hope the incredible Rise of Flight FM doesn't get completely trashed and redone with the BoX FM engine. I think Rise of Flight's engine feels much better than the one in BoX despite being the same dev.

Kildren
Starshiy Serzhant
Starshiy Serzhant
Staff

Post by Kildren » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:08 am

Shadepiece wrote:It's interesting to see they targeted every single WWII module that DCS has put out. Almost makes me wonder if they are sharing sources or devs. I highly doubt it, but it'll be VERY noticable in how different they make the flight models.

DCS does FMs incredibly accurately, and I think the 777 boys are going to have their work cut out for them. For me and many others the FM is what really keeps me from breaking into BoX. I hope they learn something that will help improve all the FMs even further.

Also, I hope the incredible Rise of Flight FM doesn't get completely trashed and redone with the BoX FM engine. I think Rise of Flight's engine feels much better than the one in BoX despite being the same dev.
its pretty much the same engine though just tweaked

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Onebad
Kapitan
Kapitan
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Onebad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:23 am

Shadepiece wrote:It's interesting to see they targeted every single WWII module that DCS has put out. Almost makes me wonder if they are sharing sources or devs. I highly doubt it, but it'll be VERY noticable in how different they make the flight models.

Yeah man RoF and BoX run basically the same engine. Also, the latest patch has made BoX FMs really believable, at least in most aircraft available. As much as I agree that there's plenty of room for improvement in BoX, to say their FMs are bad while flying Cliffs every week is hypocritical to say the least.

And my soul must be iron, cause my fear is naked
I’m naked and fearless, and my fear is naked.

Smokejumper
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by Smokejumper » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:14 am

I know nothing so here is a wild stab. I did guess the Tf was getting source code.

I think that IC will absorb TF. Perhaps they bring the theatres together then do the Pacific together?>?

Wild guess and BS speculation.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 am

I believe that 1C in today flight sims titles is just the publisher, at least in CloD.

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 am

Shadepiece wrote: DCS does FMs incredibly accurately, and I think the 777 boys are going to have their work cut out for them. For me and many others the FM is what really keeps me from breaking into BoX. I hope they learn something that will help improve all the FMs even further.
exactly what I think....
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 32 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, GTX1080SC, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 1x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Rift "S", Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PW Supply, PointCTRL