Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: ACG - Public server pilot statistics

Post by Donkey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:46 pm

And to answer the whole "ground targets destroyed", this is now a moving goal post. We count bombs on target zone because it's reliable. We don't count ground types destroyed because (certainly in MP) it seems unreliable. I'm pretty annoyed about this because I brought this up 6 months ago when writing the code and was told we were doing bombs in target zone only - and now Dickie is suggesting we want to track ground targets. Well, without a reliable event trigger it's going to be a bit of a lottery. As I said above, I'll look to implement something when I have time. I had time six months ago when I first mentioned it...

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Donkez wrote:And to answer the whole "ground targets destroyed", this is now a moving goal post. We count bombs on target zone because it's reliable. We don't count ground types destroyed because (certainly in MP) it seems unreliable. I'm pretty annoyed about this because I brought this up 6 months ago when writing the code and was told we were doing bombs in target zone only - and now Dickie is suggesting we want to track ground targets. Well, without a reliable event trigger it's going to be a bit of a lottery. As I said above, I'll look to implement something when I have time. I had time six months ago when I first mentioned it...
Donkez, can I Paypal you some beer money or something? I'm not even fucking around, you deserve it.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Much appreciated Luft, but don't worry - I'm just a grumpy cunt. :D

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:41 pm

My memory is as reliable as the trigger Donks, you have to account for that lol

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Donkez wrote:And to answer the whole "ground targets destroyed", this is now a moving goal post. We count bombs on target zone because it's reliable. We don't count ground types destroyed because (certainly in MP) it seems unreliable. I'm pretty annoyed about this because I brought this up 6 months ago when writing the code and was told we were doing bombs in target zone only - and now Dickie is suggesting we want to track ground targets. Well, without a reliable event trigger it's going to be a bit of a lottery. As I said above, I'll look to implement something when I have time. I had time six months ago when I first mentioned it...

No no no, if the mission is bombs on target area then we track bombs on target area for the individual, and for the overall contribution/score on the battle. I don't know if that is weight or number though, Pitti could answer that. If the mission is actually to destroy something, I don't think we have such a mission, except for the ships. I'm not expecting the stats to list the items blown to bits, better to just list the KG on target or the points contribution (even easier he says)

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:49 pm

Heh. Good, so no specific units per se, just kg/bombs on target. That is in.

I'll see what I can do with ships.

D

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Ok thanks, kg or bombs on targets for BoB period atleast min to have for bombers, cunting objects is not so important if game dosent have it working good. Im just asking as i see how other games have all kind of stuff in stats and in CloD its always limited i just dont know if this is because servers dont wont to use stats like in other games or game is limited and you cant use it like in other games.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 am

I've done a small change to the event handler for ground units. Previously, (and this is where my memory, it seems, is not as good as I thought) I had ended up restricting ground units to exclusively those in bomb areas. I have now released ships from this restriction, plus a few other tweaks. Please try and kill ships, it would be interesting to see how many register. If it's "enough" I will leave it like this. If not I will think of another approach.

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Report from todays test run on ships:

1st flight, 109E3B 1x250kg
drop on one tanker, and bomb hit middle part close to forward, and it sunk after few min (thats one i was on ts with you Donkez), damaged prop as i braked to hard on landing.

2nd flight 109E3B 4x50kg
.see 3 ships in line, so decided to go for them, drop one 50kg on first ship, hit and saw explosion on deck, and ship got sunk after few min, same middle part as sortie before.
-dived on second ship and miss, see explosion on water
-dive on 3rd ship, drop bomb 3 and didnt see any explosion or bomb so i dont knwo if i miss or bomb bounced from ship.
Dived again on that 3rd ship with last bomb and i see explosion, but explosion was abow deck, that happends when bomb gets stuck on ships radio or mast wires, and if its small bomb then it does no damage to main hulls of ship, so that explosion dont sink ship, and thats ok

Diving on 3rd ship i screw up my engine because i didnt lower prop pitch so i had to dich close to france and got message from server i got rescued by some one.
So in this sortie you will probably see 3 hits by bomb but only 2 explosions on ship, and only 1 ship destroyed (it was hospital ship). And thats ok.

3rd flight, i just spawned in 109E3B again but didnt start engine or take off (dont know if this count as sortie for stats), respawned again in ju87 1x500 4x50

go for ships fast as it was only ~13min left, and was diving on first ship with only ~1min left, drop big bomb, saw explosion on middle part and ship started to sink.
Before i was able to drop 4x50kg on second ship, mesages from server started about who win and so on probably time run out, drop bombs saw 2 explosions on middle hull part closer to aft of ship, and 2 bombs exploding close to aft ship part, but on sea. Ship was on fire like first one and started to sunk, and few sec after that server ended as i saw message to reconect in 60 sec.

So in this sortie i dont know what will you pick up, as server ended before i got message from it about first ship and secound ship sunk, as it takes them few min to sunk when middle parts are destroyed. Mission ended with me in air.

All in all it works ok and as expected from what i know how they behave in game.
Hope this helps in understanding what was happening when you check logs.

will check how it looks on forum stats page when it gets updated, for now it shows 1 sortie from few days ago.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Yes there seems to be an issue with the final trigger which "closes" your flight. It's Thaine's stored proc so I don't really want to tread on his toes and start to debug it, but as I said, there is an issue I'm seeing in the logs which suggests stats are not being updated as flights never "end".