4.5 Launcher has stopped working

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Nails

Re: 4.5 Launcher has stopped working

Post by Nails » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:22 am

TFS want your crash report Passion. Lifted from: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/11 ... ssistance/

The information we are receiving suggests there is a common thread in the Crash reports and likely a common program or programs which are causing the problems.

In order for us to identify that program or programs, we need to see what you are running in your PC.

To get a list of programs running, please follow these instructions:

- Start->run
- type "cmd" and click "OK"
- on the black window that opens, type "tasklist /svc" and press enter
- right click on the window title and select Edit->Mark
- Scroll up to the begining of the output, left click at the start and drag to the end selecting all the text.
- once the text is selected, press enter (this was a copy/paste operation)
- now you can paste the text here so we can see what is running and hopefully figure it out.

And also, see if you have any files on the "My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cppcrash" folder. If so, please zip them and attach them to any post here.

Also attach any logfile. (See below link for details in activating your logfile)

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32 ... -problems/

Thanks for everyone's patience

EDIT:

Can those with crashes also please list what type of Controller, (including manufacturer) they are using?

Passion

Post by Passion » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 am

Finally got it sorted. The problem is my G25 wheel. The game just crashes when I have it plugged in. Unplugging it means I can start the game but doesn't recognise the wheel when I plug it back in, which is shit as it does my elevator trim will alot of my buttons mapped to the shifter. Hope they can find a fix.

Nails

Post by Nails » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:07 am

Cheers mate - Glad to hear you are on your way!

Nails

Post by Nails » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 am

Oh. And can you post a pic of your setup. It sound really ingenious!

I have a "minds eye" picture of you flying your Hurricane like a car!

Kling

Post by Kling » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 pm

50% or more crashes seem to be due to a wheel of some sort being connected... sadly NONE of our beta testers had one so it was never discovered...

Passion

Post by Passion » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:30 pm

I have a wheel set perpendicular when I am flying as a trim wheel nails. Its a shame it won't recognise it as a use the shifter for selecting engines and the buttons on it for other things. Once you're used to using a trim wheel its hard to fly without one. Are they looking into a fix?

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Kling wrote:50% or more crashes seem to be due to a wheel of some sort being connected... sadly NONE of our beta testers had one so it was never discovered...
This is why you need to go from a small closed beta to a large, open one so that this sort of stuff can be found.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:44 pm

I feel they were between a rock and a hard place! We all have been giving TFS a right bashing for not releasing 4.5 and they kept saying they needed to do more tests, and we kept saying it would be the 12th of never!
So now they have released it and we are saying they should of done more beta tests?
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Passion

Post by Passion » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Agreed Ginger I'd rather have 4.5 with bugs than not at all. I'm sure they fix them in time.

Grumpy
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Adjutant

Post by Grumpy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:14 pm

OK, I finally managed to get it up and running. I was getting a very brief (too quick to read) Steam message when I tried to launch and then...nothing. I've been following the forum on this issue on Steam (though with my computer idiocy, as through a glass, darkly) and a solution proposed for my problem was to create a new Windows User profile. So I did that downloaded the game, and, voila! Game ran first time, with peripherals and everything.

I suppose that means I'll have to switch profiles when I want to fly Blitz - a bit of a pain in the ass/arse but I can live with it. At least I'm not now in a constant stage of rage/frustration.

Thanks for the help :salute:
Cheers
Grumpy
Adjutant, No. 111 (Fighter) Squadron. Adstantes

Nor law nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds.
A lonely impulse of delight
Led to this tumult in the clouds