Joystick sensitivity for real feel

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

vonduck

Joystick sensitivity for real feel

Post by vonduck » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:25 pm

Gidday chaps,

Almost ready to fly inline with the group..just needing to setup my joystick for the most real feel...

For you super experienced pilots here, what is the best sensitivity settings i should be using? At present i seem to "float" and 'bob' when lining up a target in the Spit...in fact all planes... i noticed watching YouTube vids that the pilots don't do that...

Perhaps and i realize i need to practice but perhaps my settings need a tweak as well..

Any help would be appreciated

Cheer and tally ho!

Doug

Wiggy

Re: Joystick sensitivity for real feel

Post by Wiggy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Sensitivity on 0.0, all axis

vonduck

Post by vonduck » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Wow! OK!

Will try that!

Cheers

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 pm

Well it depends on whether you're going for 'realistic' or useful. The first one is nearly impossible considering how in real aircraft sensitivity
of the stick veries depending on speed. As for lining up on targets and formation flying, then as Wiggy says, the lower the better. It takes more handwork and can even be fatiguing if you have a stiff stick (wink) like Warthog or so, but it makes for more precision and swole biceps.

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:21 pm

I’ve a stiff stick Onebad!
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

vonduck

Post by vonduck » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Onebad wrote:Well it depends on whether you're going for 'realistic' or useful. The first one is nearly impossible considering how in real aircraft sensitivity
of the stick veries depending on speed. As for lining up on targets and formation flying, then as Wiggy says, the lower the better. It takes more handwork and can even be fatiguing if you have a stiff stick (wink) like Warthog or so, but it makes for more precision and swole biceps.
Thanks for that...so what may i asked is yours set too? Maybe i can copy that to start with please?

Cheers

Doug

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Wozaworld wrote:I’ve a stiff stick Onebad!
I know you do, daddy.

@vonduck, for Cliffs I just decreased everything to 0 sens I think.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:19 am

I like the less sensible possible and use trim a lot. Good for aiming. Hard maneuvers just drain energy, and speed is life :)