Public server statistic system down.

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BlackDog

Re: Public server statistic system down.

Post by BlackDog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:34 am

Von Archie wrote:Sooner we're done with this septic turd that is ATAG/TF/Cliffs the better. I'll fly campaign when it resumes just to get it out of the way asap, but I really,really don't want to even start the fucking game up. In fact I'm fucking ecstatic when I either get killed in the first 20 minutes or it crashes, then I can go and do something else instead.
NURSE!!!!!
He's at it again.... wandering off into the Cliff's section to slag it off!

There there old chap... she's coming with your BoX of meds!!

Quickly Nurse.....

:lol:
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:18 am

StG77_CountZero wrote:"- 50% of our guys have pretty much lost it with Cliffs and don't fly it anymore, it'll be a struggle to get them to come back to campaign in Cliffs"

But TFS 5 will bring all BoX and DCS players back to CloD, just wait and see, now players are just in hibernation mode its no problems to have nobody on servers all day, oh when TFS 5 comes 10000-20000 copys will be sold on day 1 and then TFS 6, 7 and so on lol trust the process .... off to try to join full BoX servers they there dont know whats coming and how empty they will be when TFS 5 comes out...
I think you're right about one thing, people will definitely come back to Cliffs in droves if/when TF 5 comes out. I know I certainly will. I'd love to see North Africa from the cockpit of a P-40, it'd be cool as fuck and that's an itch BoX can't scratch for me. I don't think TF 5 will be the death of BoX as you seem to, though. BoX has cemented its place, and just as Cliffs has a contingent of players who will refuse to fly BoX, BoX has players that refuse to fly Cliffs. It'll make the market a bit more competitive, and that can only be a good thing. I only wish there were more people on all sides who were willing to be more open-minded about this stuff. Flightsims are a niche genre already, and that's only further broken down into smaller niches by people who refuse to fly other things.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:25 am

I think count was being sarcastic Luft

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:57 am

Dickie wrote:So I messaged Buzzsaw because his reply to the last message I sent about this bug was a sympathetic "I'll mention it but no promises" kind of thing.

I replied in summary

- Not only is campaign broken now but this broke our public server (hence this thread)

- Frankly it's now useless and I may as well shut it down completely
I'm just wondering how did we fly the campaign before the script was introduced?

And to be honest, our public server was always empty except for the training nights.

But I don't see a problem, you decided to go to BoX and you can shot down the server.

Sorry that I have to say this but you have no idea what you're getting into and I won't put a video of a best simulator for joining a multiplayer server ( not full, only 40 players).

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:27 am

Vranac wrote:
Dickie wrote:So I messaged Buzzsaw because his reply to the last message I sent about this bug was a sympathetic "I'll mention it but no promises" kind of thing.

I replied in summary

- Not only is campaign broken now but this broke our public server (hence this thread)

- Frankly it's now useless and I may as well shut it down completely
I'm just wondering how did we fly the campaign before the script was introduced?

And to be honest, our public server was always empty except for the training nights.

But I don't see a problem, you decided to go to BoX and you can shot down the server.

Sorry that I have to say this but you have no idea what you're getting into and I won't put a video of a best simulator for joining a multiplayer server ( not full, only 40 players).
No one cares

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:29 am

BlackDog wrote:
Von Archie wrote:Sooner we're done with this septic turd that is ATAG/TF/Cliffs the better. I'll fly campaign when it resumes just to get it out of the way asap, but I really,really don't want to even start the fucking game up. In fact I'm fucking ecstatic when I either get killed in the first 20 minutes or it crashes, then I can go and do something else instead.
NURSE!!!!!
He's at it again.... wandering off into the Cliff's section to slag it off!

There there old chap... she's coming with your BoX of meds!!

Quickly Nurse.....

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:15 pm

LuftAsher wrote:I only wish there were more people on all sides who were willing to be more open-minded about this stuff.
Luft if I may, I think it must be remembered that for many it is not about being 'open minded' but a question of personal time and choice. ACG actually asks quite a bit from its members, dedication to turn up every weekend, report in if absent, write AAR's etc. This is all great, but it is a commitment and as such, people plan their real lives (as you would know more than most) to fly a chosen environment.

As such, many are doing that because they genuinely love the subject matter, possibly more than the folks they fly with. For many, the campaign surrounding the WW2 air war in France, BoB and Operation Circus is the stuff of childhood dreams and ACG has offered the best place to actually experience that in some virtual small part.

Whilst there are some that just love all flight sims and others that for example have no interest in fast jets, or WW1 or the Eastern Front for that matter. So if some (especially those fresh to Cliffs) have interest to stick with it as maybe they only have time in their life for one particular sim, then I don't think it is necessarily them being 'closed minded'.

That said, I am sure there are some folk who simply want to fly a Spitfire/Hurricane forever and they may well be a little closed minded. Personally I would have put myself in that camp in the past, but joining ACG I was told numbers were needed in the LW and so I embraced the 109 as a challenge to myself to become efficient in something I would not ordinarily pick (don't tell Lee that...he'll have me on latrine duty for a month!).

I think we just need to ensure that those who are making their sim choice, can do so without fear of being labelled for their choice. This is a community after all and I think Cliffs and Box and all the other titles can be enjoyed by everyone with different teams managing different titles and hopefully in time, this then encourages cross migration on platforms, rather than '3 line whip' instruction to do so.

I also really hope TF takes what they have improved in 4.5.3 of Cliffs and makes something brilliant in North Africa, which is a subject matter I have enjoyed reading a great deal about, especially the tactical acumen of the Desert Fox himself. There was a huge amount of tactical brilliance (and disaster) in this theater including the formation of the SAS under the fantastic leadership of Sterling.

I would be torn as to which side I would fly in that campaign, but I am looking forward to the day, as I am with Bodenplatte.

A lot of people have clearly carried a huge workload responsibility for Cliffs at ACG and I can understand why they are bored to death with it... but numbers are still joining ACG and many that are very green to CLoD are still enjoying the sim very much.

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:59 pm

BlackDog wrote: That said, I am sure there are some folk who simply want to fly a Spitfire/Hurricane forever and they may well be a little closed minded. Personally I would have put myself in that camp in the past, but joining ACG I was told numbers were needed in the LW and so I embraced the 109 as a challenge to myself to become efficient in something I would not ordinarily pick (don't tell Lee that...he'll have me on latrine duty for a month!).
But this is what I think Luft means BD, we want people to be open minded and give the Eastern front a go - when guys say 'nope I have no interest in the Eastern front so I won't fly campaign' that is being close minded, I assume all members here are military aviation fans first and foremost and they have a chance to explore a whole new theatre with huge variety and a different kind of warfare, all done the ACG way.

The example you have given here is proof that if you open yourself to something new and that you may not be interested in you may well find that you like it and were pleased you gave it a go.

There are new members wanting to join ACG at the moment of course, but they are just replacing the ones that have left and we have flatlined for a couple of years now, as we move forward that will change into more leaving than are joining and we will slowly crumble into nothing but a couple of squadrons each side at best, a backwards step of 5 years for the group.

I know this will piss a few people off but those that were moaning about the BoX move dividing ACG, how are they helping ACG by refusing to move theatres and wanting to form seperate mission teams, campaigns and structure? - that will divide our community.

All we are asking is for members to be open minded and give the new theatre a chance within an ACG campaign, surely that isn't too much to ask given all the effort that has put into getting this organisation where it is today.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:44 pm

Boyezee wrote:
BlackDog wrote: That said, I am sure there are some folk who simply want to fly a Spitfire/Hurricane forever and they may well be a little closed minded. Personally I would have put myself in that camp in the past, but joining ACG I was told numbers were needed in the LW and so I embraced the 109 as a challenge to myself to become efficient in something I would not ordinarily pick (don't tell Lee that...he'll have me on latrine duty for a month!).
I know this will piss a few people off but those that were moaning about the BoX move dividing ACG, how are they helping ACG by refusing to move theatres and wanting to form seperate mission teams, campaigns and structure? - that will divide our community.
This

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Soon the arguing will be over