Public server statistic system down.

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Thaine

Public server statistic system down.

Post by Thaine » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:30 pm

I yesterday checked the tables and data from the ACG IL-2 Cliffs of Dover public server, and found a lot of inconsistencies within the data. A small bug on our side was discovered that has been fixed and the data has been corrected.

However, during the same check we discovered that data logging is no longer working correctly. I traced down the likely point in time from when the system failed. I was mission 20180109171500 (2017-01-09 17:15:00). After further checking I found that every flight either ends with status, pilot is ok, or pilot abandoned flight. I contacted Donkey, who has written the data collecting scripts, and he informed me that no changes had been done to the scripts at that time and that they were running problem free before.

We suspect that the problems are caused by the same script failures that are compromising the ACG Sunday campaign atm. (https://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/1052 - OnAircraftLanded and OnAircraftCrashLanded events are not called any more in multiplayer)

Due to these problems, the stats system has been deactivated for the time being and records from mission 20180109171500 on have been deleted. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

TeamFusion Simulations have replied on further questions regarding the bug that the issue is forwarded to the coders, but they are currently working on other issues and therefore a date for the fix can't be given.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Public server statistic system down.

Post by Dickie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 pm

I will be making one final appeal to TFS regarding this bug. Sadly, despite our very best efforts they only seem focused on what affects ATAG server and ATAG members. Cliffs is in the death throws.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm

To be fair I could probably work out some kind of hack to get around this - but I'm just not inspired to if I'm honest. TFS have pissed me off!

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Totally understandable Donks, to have all your efforts undermined by their short-sightedness and apathy. No one could blame you for washing your hands of the whole affair. No Sireee, no way no how :salute:

Stiiiiiiill, if you were to take a little look at it, maybe tweak something here, maybe bash something there, maybe, as you say, hack your way around the problem, weeell then I reckon you might just be seen as the saviour of the ACG campaign. And I think it's safe to say that the fella who gives us the wherewithal to wrap up the BoB in proper ACG style, with a bang instead of a whimper before we eventually move on to BoX, well let's just agree that a fella like that, a fella who thumbs his nose at ATAG and shows his hairy crack to TFS, well I reckon that's a fella who's like to get a whole manner of sexual favours from Geordie once we get to Duxford this year, if you take my meaning (and I think you do ;) )

But anyway, I'm being daft. You've already done more than your fair share, and like I say, we'd all understand if you gave it all up as a bad job instead... :hi:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:10 pm

...right, so that all really boils down to "get back to work and you can fuck a goblin". Not really the best offer I've ever had.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Reckon you may have to take one for the team Broadsword.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Lmao! Donkey is knees deep in BoX stuff at the moment as well. We really all should get him something amazing at Dux this year.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Hehe - Do I hear any advance on 'you can fuck a goblin'? :lol:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Nyehhh fuck it, I'll do it I guess.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:45 pm

Despite its title this thread is still making me laugh.