Game not Loading

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kling

Re: Game not Loading

Post by Kling » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Negative Vranac. I am away from home for another 4 days so I cant even checkm

From our point of view it is a screw up by Steam. There were quite a few games suffering from Steams last update, Blitz was one of them. It should be up to Steam to fix it but we managed to find a work around that worked for the TFS members that tested it. This has been sent and now we are only waiting for it to be accepted.

Mato

Post by Mato » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:17 am

*UPDATE* ATAG group have been working around the clock and they have created a fix. They have uploaded it to steam. Now we must wait for steam to apply the fix and update. Please don't apply other fixes, it is a waiting game now, sorry gents..despite the general lack of help and support from Steam themselves we have to believe that the don't want to pay out a load of refunds, this problem will be fixed..the only problem we have now is the withdrawl symptoms, thanks to 69th_Spiritus_Mortem and Tisbun for their excellent support and help. Just to reitterate the problem is with Steam, not CloD, a file called steamclient64.dll is causing problems not just for CloD but other games too, we must wait for steam to upload the ATAG fix and keep our fingers crossed, link to the relevant post is below :) x Mato
(PS-Thanks to the ATAG crew)

Link to ATAG post:
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... post308896

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:09 am

Surely you mean, "TF have been working round the clock and they have created a fix." ;)
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Nev

Post by Nev » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:19 am

Broadsword wrote:Surely you mean, "TF have been working round the clock and they have created a fix." ;)
Maybe they have a giant table in the form of a clock? :D

Always above, seldom on the same level, never underneath.

- Edward Mannock 73 victories

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Kling wrote:Negative Vranac. I am away from home for another 4 days so I cant even checkm
Thanks anyway Kling, I though you maybe know what is that 'fix' that we downloaded.

But what are we waiting for now? An update for the steam client or an update for Blitz?

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Matofact wrote:*UPDATE* ATAG group have been working around the clock and they have created a fix. They have uploaded it to steam. Now we must wait for steam to apply the fix and update. Please don't apply other fixes, it is a waiting game now, sorry gents..despite the general lack of help and support from Steam themselves we have to believe that the don't want to pay out a load of refunds, this problem will be fixed..the only problem we have now is the withdrawl symptoms, thanks to 69th_Spiritus_Mortem and Tisbun for their excellent support and help. Just to reitterate the problem is with Steam, not CloD, a file called steamclient64.dll is causing problems not just for CloD but other games too, we must wait for steam to upload the ATAG fix and keep our fingers crossed, link to the relevant post is below :) x Mato
(PS-Thanks to the ATAG crew)

Link to ATAG post:
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... post308896
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Mysticpuma

Post by Mysticpuma » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Cliffs has now been fixed. Download update via Steam :)

Digby

Post by Digby » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Mysticpuma wrote:Cliffs has now been fixed. Download update via Steam :)
Great news! :salute:

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:57 pm

Great New :lux: Will the mission builders have the mission ready for Sunday evening ??

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Well shit on the floor and slip in it! :veryangry: I had no problem with Blitz firing up, except for having servers almost all to myself. Then I heard the fix was out so I let Steam update itself. That broke it. I uninstalled/reinstalled Blitz. Fail. I cleared Steam cache. Fail. I checked Steam's client update status: "Your Steam client is already up-to-date". :liar:
My other Steam programs work OK. Blitz is shitz Need a little help.
Flyby out
Edit: Flash Traffic!! Don't have to reinvent the wheel. I found a You Tube video from 2013, with a reply from last year re: Steam won't update. Suggested fix: kill Steam processes in Task Manager, then restart PC. Sumbidge worked! :o
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.