TFS Update: Tobruk

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

captainxela

Re: TFS Update: Tobruk

Post by captainxela » Sun May 06, 2018 11:59 am

Donkey wrote:Buzzsaw isn't a dev afaik - although he probably does write some code for the FM and DM. They used to only have one proper dev, now they have four - so things are actually looking up.
So who is this prat and why is he going around giving the dev team a bad name? I'd be fuming if I had spent hours working on something for some petulant fool to go around doing that.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Sun May 06, 2018 1:09 pm

He's the guy in charge. And yes, he's very devisive. But, love him or loathe him he's been with TFS forever, has put a considerable amount of time into it, and if I understand it correctly even helped to fund part of it. He may not be the best guy to be a public face, but I think he has probably done quite a lot to help to advance TFS over the years.

captainxela

Post by captainxela » Sun May 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Oh well, i'm just gonna have to buy the spitfire for BoX I think, that chap has left a sour taste in my mouth...its a shame because I think I prefer CloD now I have tried them all.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sun May 06, 2018 1:48 pm

captainxela wrote:Oh well, i'm just gonna have to buy the spitfire for BoX I think, that chap has left a sour taste in my mouth...its a shame because I think I prefer CloD now I have tried them all.
Don't. It's one of the most poorly modeled aircraft in the entire game and it's not worth the money or time.

captainxela

Post by captainxela » Sun May 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up...the problem is I cant quite get the hang of BoX...im fine in CloD but i've played BoX a bit and just turn it off after one or two flights...I think I need some help getting used to it. If i'm honest I do love an LA-5.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sun May 06, 2018 2:15 pm

captainxela wrote:Thanks for the heads up...the problem is I cant quite get the hang of BoX...im fine in CloD but i've played BoX a bit and just turn it off after one or two flights...I think I need some help getting used to it. If i'm honest I do love an LA-5.
what do you mean by cant get the hang of it

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Sun May 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Let's not clutter this thread up with off topic stuff.
There are others for this kinda discussion.

Kling

Post by Kling » Sun May 06, 2018 5:24 pm

captainxela wrote:
Biggs wrote:so busy lookin at pictures I missed the link to the tracer vid...

https://vimeo.com/268164228

very nice
Is there an option to toggle it off if you don't like it? Can't say im a fan.
Absolutely! Only specific rounds leave smoke trails! Dont want smoke trails, dont choose that round!

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Sun May 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Kling wrote:
Absolutely! Only specific rounds leave smoke trails! Dont want smoke trails, dont choose that round!
I believe this round is called the 'Buckingham' tracer round. So it will be its own type not a modification to a current round.

not 100% sure though.

Kling

Post by Kling » Sun May 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Biggs wrote:
Kling wrote:
I believe this round is called the 'Buckingham' tracer round. So it will be its own type not a modification to a current round.

not 100% sure though.
That is correct.

Watch this documentary. Start specifically from 40:00min to see a good explanation of how the Buckingham round works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzW4258oIyg