TFS Leadership Slagging (split from Tobruk Update)

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kai Lae

Re: TFS Slagging (split from Tobruk Update)

Post by Kai Lae » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 am

We are actually, all cliffs fanboys (and fangirl?). That's why this is so upsetting to see what's been going on.

I'll explain the obvious: The masses are rioting, and it's because of your actions. You would not get threads like this if everything was ok. While the thread topic is "TFS slagging", in reality it should be "TFS leadership slagging" because that's the portion that everyone is questioning.

You may consider this thread as effectively a vote of no confidence if you haven't figured it out, though previous recent actions and decisions should have made that already apparent.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:38 am

Thank you Blackdog for putting in some actual legalese. I totally agree, 1C would be undoubtedly alarmed at this behaviour, I am sure they are already aware on the IL2 forums but here maybe not, but we'll be making sure that they are alerted regardless.

The thing is, the NDA actually doesn't actually cover any of the silly things that Buzzsaw seems to think that it does. There is a clause which basically says "Don't supply outsiders with IP because it's owned by 1C, but if it gets out from other sources, oh well never mind it wasn't your fault". Yes it's true, the NDA is just an agreement to behave, but if something is hacked and leaked then it is outside of the agreement. How Buzzsaw interprets this as anything else is beyond me. Of course if he is negligent then that is something else, and then it is just up to 1C if they bother to sue. Given that they didn't bother to sue the giant cunt Bliss and his lapdog Colander for years when they'd clearly broken the EULA says to me that they probably won't bother with this either.

It's like a child with a vivid imagination, like perhaps a Disneyland advert, where he's been given a piece of paper and he's imagined it into a great big sword and now he's running around slaying people with it. It isn't, it's a sheet of paper which just doesn't cover the stuff he's on about

Buzzsaw, a lot of people want you to step down from your position of TFS leadership before you are forced to because you are doing a terrible customer relationship job. Do your job on the flight models and aeroplanes, and hand the entire project management over to somebody who knows what they are doing. It is the only way that you have a chance to get your investment back.

philstyle

Post by philstyle » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 am

Dickie wrote: Given that they didn't bother to sue ...
I do find it a little odd that Buzzsaw is leaning so heavily on the potential legal provisions now. When TF started, he/ the TF leadership didn't seem to give any care to the fact that we had all agreed to the CloD EULA which explicityl fobade modifications of the software, let alone distribution of those modifications to a global audience.
Prior to TFS signing an agreement with 1C, (and when I had a brief stay in TF) both Klem and I recieved insutruction from TF on how to modify the game via a small set of hacked files (we were asked to do some work to examine what some variables relting to the props did - I didn't really get started on any actual work, and was out of TF before I even made any progress on this, incidentally). It was "just a game" back then. But now that Buzzsaw is commercially incentivised, suddenly all this commercial-legal stuff matters, and the "it's just a game" argument no longer flies, apparently.

edit: some spelling errors.. yeah and there will be more of them still ...
Last edited by philstyle on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

EAF79_OD_

Re: TFS Leadership Slagging (split from Tobruk Update)

Post by EAF79_OD_ » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 am

So, what's being said is that there is potential bad character and hypocrisy to go along with libel? It's being suggested that Buzzsaw believes it's ok for him, and his band, to hack something he had a contract not to, the EULA, and he did anyway. He can then personally stand to benefit from that breach, after slating the original work and, potentially, impacting on the sales of the original producer, thereby impacting on their ability to recoup their investment. However, it would appear that he can then make false accusations about someone hacking something that may impact his business prospects and that's a definite no no?

That's what I am reading from the above posts, please correct me if that is an inaccurate summary of the above posts. Just in case it has been missed elsewhere, I hacked nothing. I don't know how to hack anything and have no programming experience other than that thing you do at Primary School where you move the turtle around the screen...you know back when floppy disks were actually floppy. I don't know anything about any hacking taking place and I don't endorse it either. My integrity is intact, it looks as though others may need to check their privilege; to borrow a phrase.

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:23 pm

I still dont see what was purpes of all of this, maybe im just stupid or cant read big boys words, but effect that it had on me was i no longer plan to get Kuban, and idea of any preorder of future products is gone with the wind. One users feadback if anyone realy cares.

Azref

Post by Azref » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:55 pm

StG77_CountZero wrote:I still dont see what was purpes of all of this, maybe im just stupid or cant read big boys words, but effect that it had on me was i no longer plan to get Kuban, and idea of any preorder of future products is gone with the wind. One users feadback if anyone realy cares.
I wouldn't hold it against the BoX team or 1C in any way CZ, in my eyes this was entirely Buzzsaws doing and they haven't had any say in his actions. I also wouldn't hold it against most of the TFS group as it is quite obviously one mans mission.
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Azref wrote:
StG77_CountZero wrote:I still dont see what was purpes of all of this, maybe im just stupid or cant read big boys words, but effect that it had on me was i no longer plan to get Kuban, and idea of any preorder of future products is gone with the wind. One users feadback if anyone realy cares.
I wouldn't hold it against the BoX team or 1C in any way CZ, in my eyes this was entirely Buzzsaws doing and they haven't had any say in his actions. I also wouldn't hold it against most of the TFS group as it is quite obviously one mans mission.
^ This.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Mysticpuma

Post by Mysticpuma » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Von Archie wrote:
Azref wrote:
^ This.
I can +1 this

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Azref wrote:I also wouldn't hold it against most of the TFS group as it is quite obviously one mans mission.
Gonna +1 this as well. I don't have any ill will towards TFS in general. I do want them to succeed, I want their hard work to pay off. The issue sits up top, and his name is Buzzsaw.

I think it's a dreadful, terrible shame that Larry has felt the need to quit ACG over all of this. He's good people, a fucking artist, and a pillar of ACG if you ask me. I can only hope he reconsiders it, we'd be at a genuine loss without him.

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Azref wrote:I also wouldn't hold it against most of the TFS group as it is quite obviously one mans mission.
Gonna +1 this as well. I don't have any ill will towards TFS in general. I do want them to succeed, I want their hard work to pay off. The issue sits up top, and his name is Buzzsaw.

I think it's a dreadful, terrible shame that Larry has felt the need to quit ACG over all of this. He's good people, a fucking artist, and a pillar of ACG if you ask me. I can only hope he reconsiders it, we'd be at a genuine loss without him.
1+ and 1++
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do