R.I.P CloD Campaigns? For real?

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Boyezee

Re: R.I.P CloD Campaigns? For real?

Post by Boyezee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 pm

StG77_CountZero wrote:i remenber thouse lags on acg public were happening when game would spawn new objects in mission
Yeah it wasn't that, I built the mission and nothing was spawning in

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Warthunder might be a good option when we run out of possibilities. The thing is, what you see as important in a simulation is subjective. Simulators perform different on certain aspects. Some have better netcode, some have better dm, some have better fm, some have better weather. You might put emphazise on one part: netcode and dm for example. I couldn't care less, because the overall package is more important to me. And as such I enjoy BoX, while you claim not to. That's perfectly ok. But please come frlm your high horse in claiming to be the golden standard of flight simulation.
The important part is, BOM is fresh. It will be a campaign that we havent had yet. I think Sahde and his boys have something nice in planning. And I'm looking forward to take part in different battles around the globe. Not the same old same old year after year.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Yet again, beautifly said Thaine.

We already have one Alex Jones, stop trying to be the 2nd one Vranac.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Donkey wrote:Yes, we found what was causing that and fixed it. You always get some lag on spawn, but it should be a momentary "stutter" not a 2 second fuck-you that Boyezee experienced in his video.
That was pretty usual on our public server and in the campaign missions when we were using skins. I don't remember Boyzee complaining about that before and I'm pretty sure I could find it in his earlier videos if I wanted to waste my time.
The point is moot.

I'll simply repeat, you don't have a clue what you're coming into with this switch but you'll find out soon. And there would be no updates regarding that crappy netcode at least until after BoBP ( Read, never, because they're promising that after every new iteration).

I'll just translate you one post from that video that is summarizing all of that pretty clear.

"And you have an interesting way to communicate with your cusstomers.
First you ask for money to develop - "buy it yourself and bring a friend, the genre is dying, provide a credit of trust."
Then you release a semi-finished product, claiming that everything is fine and we have to prove that it isn't. And when there is a proof, a calculation, a statement follows: " we already knew it, but not all at once and not now", etc. What is it, if not rudeness? Are you offended by rudeness in return?
I use your product mainly on holidays such as New Year or May 1, I do not read forums much, I write even less often. But here in the last New Year could not get into the game because of the fallen master server and decided to read the forums. I must say, no less interesting than the game itself!
You have obvious problems with synchronization of events when playing online, a weak DM and the bad AI. This is what you see immediately, in a few hours in the game. You're calling it a first class product, a simulator, for which you take the appropriate price, until the language turns. Only promises to make in the future and new pre-orders in the store. Even if you were at the level of the old IL2 that would be fine.

P.S. I didn't expect some uber realism from the game, because I remember in RoF, at the initial stage, the aircraft with the "switched on" the wind flew like RC air-models and you even managed to place some theory under this, contrary to Newton's first law.

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 pm

Why must we keep having this same discussion over and over. The way I see it is thus:

Fact: ACG is now moving to the BoX platform for our next campaign.
Fact: Some people dislike BoX. Some people are fed up with CloD.

Have I missed anything?

As far as I can see there is nothing further to add. Those who dislike BoX for whatever reason are under no obligation to stop flying CloD, nobody is forcing them to - indeed there are many people who have expressed an interest in keeping some form of campaign-style mission going for it.

Those who are fed up with CloD have their reasons, those who don't like BoX have their reasons - why must I read this stuff ad-infinitum when I come on the forums? Every other thread these days seems to be on some kind of loop. It's like groundhog day here at the moment. Neither side will convince the other, your arguments are your own and ultimately it's personal perference.

Personally I think the Hurricanes are the bees-knees and Spitfires are for brylcream-loving pansies - no amount of forum warrioring will convince me that the brylcream-loving pansies are righ- my preference is wrong.

Elos

Post by Elos » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:01 am

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... 19#p131763
Dickie wrote:4. Campaign server. I made a decision that those who don't migrate to BoX with ACG will have to resign their membership, and we aren't going to run simultaneous campaigns in both platforms.
Goodbye Vranac, was nice having you with us in ACG. :salute:

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Zyk

Post by Zyk » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:09 am

@ Boyezee @ Vranac......the stutters in your video are exactly what has been ruining my game for many weeks now. i have missed mulitiple kills because of those stutters whenever i get near an enemy plane. it gets old. not bad internet connection, not downloading anything in background..... i just hope i can get my BOM running again by august.....

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:51 am

Ratty wrote:Why must we keep having this same discussion over and over.

Fact: ACG is now moving to the BoX platform for our next campaign.
Fact: Some people dislike BoX. Some people are fed up with CloD.
Ratty wrote:Personally I think the Hurricanes are the bees-knees and Spitfires are for brylcream-loving pansies - no amount of forum warrioring will convince me that the brylcream-loving pansies are righ- my preference is wrong.
I'll drink to both points Ratty - BoX and CloD bashers are turning this forum into a boring read :B:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 am

CloD Basher? fair enough I suppose, I just cant play the damn thing without problems anymore and I have pointed that out as it is being held up as the gold standard of flight sims by members that just can't move on. Yes 4.3 had issues that you could find in my old video's but nothing as bad and mission spoiling as I have with Blitz.

As many of you know I like to post footage of my campaign missions, it is something that I enjoy doing and has even brought members to ACG which is great and something that I didn't expect to happen, hell there have even been people posting on ATAG that the reason they came to Cliffs was watching my videos, but I haven't been able to post one since Blitz came out as the stutters and lagging would put anybody off flying the game, if I wanted to truly bash it I would post the mess that has been my campaign footage since Blitz and put people off even trying it, but I won't as I don't want to do that, the video I have linked in this thread is unlisted for that very reason.

But even though I have been 'bashing' Cliffs I have still been building missions, sorting out briefings and shift assignments, so even though I can't play the damn thing to any acceptable standard I have still been doing my bit for ACG.

I have (IIRC) 2 more missions to build for campaign and to be honest I don't want to fucking bother anymore, I have been doing them out of a sense of contribution to ACG and because I do not want to let my mission building buddies down, but why bother?

Thing is I don't want any of the other mission building guys to have more work on their plate when I suspect they are just as burnt out and bored as me with building missions but they still do it as they care about ACG. So I have a suggestion - Vranac why don't you build my remaining 2 campaign missions? At least contribute to the Cliffs campaign that you love so much rather than doing nothing constructive but bitch and try to forecast doom for our future? Why not help our present?

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:27 am

Boyezee and Zyk, I haven't looked at your videos, so I don't know exactly how bad your stuttering is. I had as well some stuttering and frame drops during Blackdogs missions. I then aligned my settings with those of DaHeld and clod was ok again since. Maybe we can look at our settings and hopefully that will improve the situation. It's a tiny straw but who knows.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel