BLITZ at your SIX - The post campaign ACG Cliffs experience

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Shadepiece

Re: BLITZ at your SIX - The post campaign ACG Cliffs experience

Post by Shadepiece » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:49 pm

I think you have a great concept there BD. I like the idea of the arrive and fly units as well. Give folks a chance to pop in, and fill in the numbers a bit. I think this could be pretty good. I will be watching to see how it's developing.

Cheers!
-Shadepiece

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Nice one BD, will be very interesting to see how this goes. If it's as good as your previous efforts we should be in for some fun...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 pm

:salute: Quite simply hats off to you BD.

If this comes off as I expect, it may well be the greatest thing since Wolf nipple chips were sold at the Colloseum.

Bravo!

PS. Let me know if I can help out, seems like a lot on your plate.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Paddy wrote: it may well be the greatest thing since Wolf nipple chips were sold at the Colloseum.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers chaps and will certainly be making request of folks keen and interested to get involved. Have a few offers already so, the more the merrier!

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:15 pm

OK gents of ACG (and those who like to wear a dress every now and then....you know who you are!)

Now that I have finished the skins for the 5th in the BoX campaign, I am returning my focus to the new map I have been working on for this 'ToD' style mini campaign for Cliff's.

At the moment, the plan is to begin this at the same calendar and historical time that our Cliff's main campaign finishes. This will mean the first six week 'ToD' (Tour of Duty for those that have not yet read the OP) will be focused on the beginning of the Blitz with a lot of 'dusk' focused missions and some day missions.

The TF guys have been working on a genuine ability to use spotlights and runway lights and so a second six week 'ToD' may be able to use these features, possibly with some new aircraft, if TF5 could get the blessing to release some aircraft early as a paid download pack.

The idea remains to run a six week mini-campaign, where you choose a unit to join (either side) and you stick with that unit for the 'ToD'. As opposed to our previous main campaigns and similar to the new main campaign, the idea here is to try something different. See Cliff's from a different perspective... most importantly, now that we have our very own 'Bonkies' as part of TF5, I believe it is very important that we maintain a good link with Cliff's and the future opportunity for the African front.

I will be asking for volunteers to join a management group for this endeavour and we will have a meeting on TS, sometime in mid-August to discuss the ideas I have to date and to open up other ideas from those attending. I will brief them on how I intend to Donkey's Luftflotte to create 'Live' style missions rather than pre-created FMB missions and the management team will each offer a night to be the 'flight director' for the evening, so 1 night out of six (six week campaign) these guys will be doing their bit to support the show, with their own slight personal take on the core objective of the campaign.

I'll update more soon... but that's it for now...i need to finish off the map targets and I need to get a definitive guide as to whether we will maintain an ACG official server for Cliff's from the Top Brass.

Personally, I would like one server that we can close off for missions, but change when on open play, to be a lot more interactive with things to shoot down. Yes the daily game play will feel a bit more 'leadfarm' like, but I think it is important to attract new players and those who simply enjoy a good online scrap!

More soon...and if you are interested in helping... please raise ya hand below!

BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Count me in

Digby

Post by Digby » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:24 pm

BlackDog wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:15 pm

More soon...and if you are interested in helping... please raise ya hand below!

BD
Firstly, huge props to you for your efforts so far. I certainly agree that ACG should retain some degree of presence within the "Cliffs Sphere", given our planned return to the franchise with the eventual release of TF 5.0.

Furthermore, I would like to extend my support as to ensure 'Cliffs At Your Six' is a success! I'm sure this will be prove to be a perfect platform to increase my awareness and proficiency with regards to mission management - which will prove helpful in any of the sims ACG currently makes use of.
FYI, I will be unable to attend any meeting/s held between Aug 10th through to Aug 30th as I will be out of the country.

Keep up the good work!

Digby :salute:

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Offering to help, BD!
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks Chaps, will give you a shout!

BD

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Excellent stuff BD! Thanks for all you are doing. Im sure you will get plenty support and help keep things interesting with your missions

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal