Offer of coding assistance to ACG

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Offer of coding assistance to ACG

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:41 am

Hello to Dickie, etc.

When I had my meeting with Dickie and the others from the community, Dickie expressed his frustrations with not being able to get the server stats to display or register since TF 4.5 had come out.

At that time I said we were working on a solution... and subsequently our coders, (Artist, etc.) have since put up various posts on the ATAG forum pointing out solutions to these issues. We hoped those would be sufficient.

However, since then I have read a number of other posts from Dickie indicating he has still not been able to solve these issues. And ATAG also continues to have problems with their server setup.

We are now offering our coding assistance to all the Squadrons who host online campaigns or servers running CoD... if you want advice and suggestions as how to solve these issues, please let us know.

Thanks for your patience

For Team Fusion:

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Paddy

Re: Offer of coding assistance to ACG

Post by Paddy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:28 am

That’s the first positive thing concerning CloD I’ve seen around here in a long time.

Any chance of keeping this spirit going?
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:36 am

I may be wrong, but I thought we got events triggering again? Pitti would need to confirm.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:48 am

This is definitely helpful even if we are good with the current API we may need to use something else in future.

How should we communicate? Forum Dev posts in il2 forums I presume is sufficient???

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:36 am

Excellent decision that will benefit the community at large

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

69th_Spiritus_Mortem

Post by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Dickie wrote:This is definitely helpful even if we are good with the current API we may need to use something else in future.

How should we communicate? Forum Dev posts in il2 forums I presume is sufficient???
There or you can PM one of us. Bonkin has my personal email so you can bother him if you want. I can't be of help on the issues but I can pass it along to the correct eyes.

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:10 pm

Hello

What you can do is set up a private forum section which you give our coders access... ours and yours can exchange information and suggestions.

That is what we arranged with ATAG... although it seems that has been compromised by someone hacking into ATAG... and since they do not want privileged info about their Refuel and Re-arm program to be shared, they will be looking at another way to exchange the information.

xoriguer

Post by xoriguer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Hello all.

I'm on the TFS code team, so let me know if I can be helpful.

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Xoriguer is summarizing all the information we have in a document... basically on how to use Mission Builder and set up servers.

He will be providing this to the community... as well as providing individual advice.

He is your 'go to' guy as far as this offer is concerned.

Thanks

SOW Reddog

Post by SOW Reddog » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Well I could never figure out how to turn the damn "reddog entered the server" messages. Those and leaving were the only ones I couldn't turn off. Maybe that would be a good first item?