ACG and SoW switch away from CoD

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

RAF74_Buzzsaw

ACG and SoW switch away from CoD

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Hello All

I just thought I would clarify something... in case people thought TF was offended at the impending ACG switch away from CoD to BoX. (SoW of course, has switched long ago)

From my perspective it is entirely natural the players in these Squadrons would think about moving to another Sim after 7(?) years of ACG/SoW campaigns using the CoD game. I am not surprised at all... no doubt many of your members are bored out of your minds with playing the same BoB scenarios. Maybe with the release of TF 4.5, there was room to design a 'heavy fighter' campaign with Beau's/Blenheims/110s/Ju-88's, maybe a maritime setting with lots of convoy attacks... but many players hate getting into twins or bombers... so it is understandable you are looking towards BoX.

I think everyone would agree, this is a natural evolution... when there is an opportunity to fly a new sim with a new map and new aircraft, naturally players want to try that option.

So just wanted to say, we do not hold a grudge at this switch... its not unique to ACG/SoW... as a matter of fact, from what I understand, even ATAG is considering hosting BoX on one of its servers.

All we are asking is that when TF 5.0 is released, you give it a fair appraisal, and look objectively at the option to switch back to the CoD engine and try some North African campaigns... or Channel 1941.

Thanks for your patience

For Team Fusion

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Von Archie

Re: ACG and SoW switch away from CoD

Post by Von Archie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:40 pm

Personally I think it's looking less likely by the second but you never know.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

69th_Spiritus_Mortem

Post by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Well I'd hope you all would base your decisions on the game and its content, not anything else.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Just curious, do you think you've won enough hearts and minds with your recent antics to make people take you seriously on this...? It's a shame really, I love CloD, I was very much looking forward to TF5 ... but thanks entirely to the way you carry on I'm really not so sure anymore. I may be in the minority, granted, but it's still one less sale. And yes SM, we should - but when your head guy comes in with frankly ludicrous accusations of hacking, threatens legal action left right and centre and generally comes across in a very bad light ... I can choose to vote with my wallet.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:54 pm

It's hard to disagree with Donkey at this point. I'm a big CoD fan and I find it to be an awesome platform to build a campaign on, but those personal attacks carried away towards different members of the community aren't bringing people closer to TFS. Quite the opposite actually.
As much as I personally hope that we'll one day return to CoD to carry on fighting over Tobruk, I think that community as a whole would benefit greatly if TFS developers would focus on the game itself, rather than promoting it in this rather questionable way that we have been witnessing lately.
Where's all the professionalism gone to these days.

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 pm

I am not going to reply here to those who suggest I am making unfounded accusations... as I said, I will do so tonight.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 pm

So you are going to carry on with the accusations, swinging punches, as head of TFS, as if that will gain favour.

Mental.

EAF79_OD_

Post by EAF79_OD_ » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 pm

It's not a suggestion...you are making unfounded accusations.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 pm

RAF74_Buzzsaw wrote:I am not going to reply here to those who suggest I am making unfounded accusations... as I said, I will do so tonight.
Don't bother, no-one cares - precisely because they are so obviously unfounded. You're making a fool of yourself and doing irreparable harm to the CloD player base. Just go - and maybe then TF5 can have a life.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:41 pm

+1.

Be a shareholder in TFS, play with the flight models if you like but yes, go, because your public relations skills are so incredibly poor. As long as you are fronting TFS the damage is irreparable, please disappear from public view and forum moderation for the good of the sim.