TFS, 1C and Copyright Infringements and Confidentiality Breaches

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Thaine

Re: TFS, 1C and Copyright Infringements and Confidentiality Breaches

Post by Thaine » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 am

Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

SOW Reddog

Post by SOW Reddog » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:48 am

And they say ze Germans don't have a sense of humour

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:52 am

SOW Reddog wrote:Well having spent a bit of time doing some data analysis last night I can tell you quite a bit about the positive reviews. For example 48% of the positive reviewers have played less than the equivalent of 1hr a week since release. 25% of the positive reviews have played less than 5hrs.

But no. No links. I will be reporting them to steam this evening. As I shall tell then that the developer told me I had a duty to update my review in the light of fixes in subsequent patches. During the same conversation legal action was discussed. I will let that sink in.
You are a law abiding citizen, so abide by the rules to the letter Sir :salute:

Mezza

Post by Mezza » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:58 am

i have things to say.

EAF79_OD_

Post by EAF79_OD_ » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 am

I get the impression that people aren't taking Buzzsaw's post, made with utmost sincerity, seriously anymore! :lecture:

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:12 am

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:25 am

Speak please Mezza. I would like anybody to feel free to post how they feel about all of this.

Azref

Post by Azref » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:28 am

Let it all out Mezza, we won't hurt you, threaten legal action or ban you. We also won't think any less of you for stating your personal opinion.

This forum is a safe place.
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Macnihilist

Post by Macnihilist » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 am

Whoa, pump the hate-brakes, people, and put the pitchforks back into the barn.

As far as I know developers can review their own games. What Steam doesn't allow is review manipulation, and what that means is left ambiguous and decided on a case to case basis.
The problem with Insel Games was that the CEO pressured employees into review manipulation. He basically said "Buy the game and write a positive review or explain to your boss why you didn't" (https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments ... _to_force/). Subsequently accounts were found that were controlled by Insel Games, had only games by this one publisher in them, and had only reviewed these games. That painted a pretty clear picture.

I should probably stay out of this, and I didn't follow the whole dramedy, but just to play the devil's advocate here:

I'm certainly not a fan of how Buzzsaw handles things. Making rather ridiculous accusations without proof, then ridiculous threats, then act as if nothing happened, all without displaying a smidge of self-criticism really is something. But just because he's a dick doesn't mean the man hasn't made some valid points.

Apparently confidential information was leaked and reverse-engineered code was offered. Coming here, throwing around accusations, and committing PR-Hara-kiri by running into the knives of people you pissed off in the past prooooobably wasn't the smartest way to handle it, especially if you're in the unfortunate position to have to condemn people for things you did happily yourself in the past and thus sit in a massive glass house, but at some point you have to do something about it.

Although Reddog, OD, CountZero, etc. came out on top in the public hearing, which is hardly surprising if the public is the ACG forums, it looks to me as if their behaviour in the whole affair was entirely kosher either. So they should consider enjoying their triumph in silence with dignity and not put the boot in. "We judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their actions", as the say. Buzzsaw seems to have particularly selective perception of reality, maybe try to be better than him. (Not that this is particularly hard... ;) )

EDIT: apparently I'm typing far too slowly for this fast-moving discussion.
EDIT2: Fixed spelling.
Last edited by Macnihilist on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

SOW Reddog

Post by SOW Reddog » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:42 am

Yeah. You're right macnihilist. You needed to have read the whole fucking thing.