New 'DeWilde' ammo evaluation

Moderator: Board of Directors

Meaker

New 'DeWilde' ammo evaluation

Post by Meaker » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:09 pm

The new 'De Wilde' ammo that was upgraded with the release of the TF 4.0 patch last week is a real winner IMO,I have been having a lot of success over the last few days with a 50/50 mix of the new Dewilde and the Armour piercing ammo.

I don't ever use tracers,never have(I don't like to let the buggers know I'm coming! :) and there's really no need,you can visibly see your hits making contact with your target now like never before.This,all in all makes for a very satisfying feeling as you engage your quarry,with the new DeWilde loaded,your sure to see him go down burning :twisted:

Anyway just thought I'd share the experience with you all,happy hunting.

~S~

Meaks

Madigan

Re: New 'DeWilde' ammo evaluation

Post by Madigan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:37 am

I completely agree ..That is why I think we must improve the sound of the German 7'92mm for added realism.

Cheers ..

Black

Post by Black » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:13 am

Put some ball ammo into your loadout and you will get even better results I guess!

For example in the left wing: ball / ball / ap / dewilde (and the other way round in the right wing: dewilde / ap / ball / ball )

Madigan: The sound has nothing to do with the effect of the ammo. As I said earlier, post a thread on the TF part of the ATAG forum)if you want to start a discussion about it or simply suggest it and see what TF and other guys think about it! ( :arrow: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... y.php?f=93 )

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:23 am

Have tried that mix mate,but this mix really wrecks engines fast,the ball mix is good,but you can be shooting away all day and just use up your ammo,even at very close ranges.

This is especially the case,now that the new TF 4 patch has strengthened the German bombers armour,it's taking a lot more of our pea shooters to bring those big 111's down,so we're having to be a little more inventive with our mix.

I borrowed this pic from a guy on ATAG just to illustrate the incendiary effects of the new De Wilde.

Yeah,Black's right Madigan this is purely the damage and graphic effect that I'm refering to,sound won't make a blind bit of difference friend.

Madigan

Post by Madigan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Well dear friends .. very interesting proposal to effectively configure the Spits ammunition and Hurricanes, but I was referring to the BF109 and BF110 .. and 7'92mm ammunition. Both their sound (which in my opinion is improvable ..) and its effects, which are definitely much improved, but again, the important thing for me would be to find a more authentic sound.

-Cheers-

Black

Post by Black » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Okay I explain a third and last time before I give up: If you want to reach TF with your sound suggestion then post on their section of the ATAG forum and NOT here!
Sound has nothing to do with the effect of the rounds when they hit the target!

And apart from that: this thread has nothing to do with the sound, only with the DeWilde ammo effect!

Madigan

Post by Madigan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:07 pm

I understood you before (jejejeje..) Excuse the possible misunderstanding, I just explained it .. but I shall discuss at the time in TF, what happens is that as only a few days that have given us this wonderful update I do not see the usefulness of comment now. It was just an opinion thread of your comments.

Black

Post by Black » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Roger :)

Nails

Post by Nails » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Meaker wrote:The new 'De Wilde' ammo that was upgraded with the release of the TF 4.0 patch last week is a real winner IMO,I have been having a lot of success over the last few days with a 50/50 mix of the new Dewilde and the Armour piercing ammo.

I don't ever use tracers,never have(I don't like to let the buggers know I'm coming! :) and there's really no need,you can visibly see your hits making contact with your target now like never before.This,all in all makes for a very satisfying feeling as you engage your quarry,with the new DeWilde loaded,your sure to see him go down burning :twisted:

Anyway just thought I'd share the experience with you all,happy hunting.

~S~

Meaks
Meaks,

Until I finalised my home made gunsight. Then watched PhilStyles video over on ATAG with regards to convergence. I never bothered with Ammo types.

However, I am just starting to experiment too. Can I ask a favour. Can you cut and paste your Hurricane weapons loadout from your user.ini file please?

The section should look something like:

belt _ Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 11 9 2 - etc.

I did like the idea of making the last 25 rounds in each gun yellow tracers, so you knew when to break off and head home.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Nails,

Unfortunately the 'user.ini opened with 'notepad' won't allow me to just 'cut and paste' it for what ever reason :roll: ,so I'll just give you the info thus,I use 200 meters as my Vertical Convergence,and then for Horizontal Convergence guns 1&8=100m 2,3,6,7=125m and 4,5=180m.

The Ammo loadout is very straight forward as I don't use any type of tracers my gun belts are loaded as:

Guns 1,3,6,8 loaded with Incendiary,B,.303Inch,Nitrocellulose,Mark VIz''De Wilde''
Guns 2,4,5,7 loaded with Armour Piercing,W,.303 Inch,Nitrocellulose,Mark Iz

Any queries I'll be on Team Speak tonight for our Squadron flight,maybe c u then ;)

(If anyone knows why I can't just cut 'n paste from my 'user.ini' I'd be grateful to know the reason,thanks)