Sweet Fx (graphics) mod (note- incompatible with TF patch)

Moderator: Board of Directors

Bounder

Sweet Fx (graphics) mod (note- incompatible with TF patch)

Post by Bounder » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Sweet Fx (a mod that effects the colour balance in CLoD and makes stuff look better)

EDIT: SweetFx is not compatible with the latest Team Fusion patch (v4.0) for Cliffs of Dover
Some prefer the look under TF but personally I think this sucks and I got better colours on vanilla Cliffs + SweetFx than the current TF patch - that's just like my opinion... :p
Hopefully it will work again with future TF patches (fingers crossed always nice to have the option imho - I have left the info here just in case we can use SweetFx again), however until then do not use (05/01/2014)

This mod effects the colour balance in Cliffs of Dover and makes it look nicer under day time lighting. Can make seeing distant contacts easier. Because this mod darkens the colour balance, when playing CLoD early morning/evening missions it is advisable to disable the mod in game by pressing the “scroll lock” button. The mod can be turned on and off by simply pressing scroll lock. There are many different SweetFx settings one can download, I have linked the version I personally installed as it works great for me.

Installation instructions:

1) Download the following zip file:

SweetFx_by_CeeJay.dk SMAA_PRESET_ULTRA using Les Neutral6 Settings.zip
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment ... 1352056369

2) Unpack zip file using programme e.g. WinZip

3) Copy and Paste contents of unzipped file to your CLoD directory folder containing the CLoD exe file (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover)

4) Done, when ingame press the ‘scroll lock’ button on your keyboard to turn on/off SweetFx.

There is also a SweetFx GUI programme you may install that allows the user to modify the effects themselves. I haven’t used this so will update this post once I learn where to download it and how to install it.
My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Reckless

Re: Sweet Fx (graphics) mod

Post by Reckless » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 pm

again, does it work with team fusion patch?

Black

Post by Black » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:46 pm

It can work but it can also lead to crashes. And apart from that the new TF patch changed the colour saturation so theres no need to use SweetFX in my opinion!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Isn't it for AA though?

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:33 pm