TF 4.0 coming soon

Moderator: Board of Directors

Robo

Re: TF 4.0 coming soon

Post by Robo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Osprey wrote:Robo, why can't ACG test it? Or at least as select group of dedicated Hurricane pilots. I for one don't fancy the prospect of waiting for a patch to find out it is still fucked and then having to wait another 8 months.

As you know I work in Software, in QA and project management to be precise, and I can assure TF that fixing problem prior to release is 'cheaper'. Like others have said, I cannot understand the priority tbh - a fanfare for fucking ground vehicles, just so Bliss can revel in it like some sort of fucking hero. The guy is one flopping cock head mate.
Forget Bliss for now please, he's got very little to do with any work at TF :mrgreen: The priorities are based on what actual people doing stuff for TF fancy to do. The map textures were done by one guy who could do that but that didn't get any resources from things we might find more important because that's the only thing he could do anyway and in the first place that's the thing he enjoyed doing, and that's what matters. Everybody at TF is just a volunteer after all and various people find important various stuff.

The ground vehicles is the same - very easy to add into code so they just did it. Colander did to be precise...

Lots of work has been done except that, don't worry. I admit I was not very active for obvious reasons except for some work on the 3d exporter with one Czech guy and work on the F version of the Blennie. Buzzsaw asked me to help with some FM/DM stuff which I would love to do, but I just can't commit at the moment. I believe he's got some confidence in me and rest be assured I will do my best to pursue fixing of this Hurricane disaster.

Re: testing - a beta version will be compiled next weekend, Colander just posted there has been a delay so perhaps we can still make it. Mind you it might be not so easy to fix this issue and any FM changes require lots of testing. I will ask if we can test the Beta.

Black

Post by Black » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Osprey wrote: a fanfare for fucking ground vehicles
Wait until you see the first ACG Air Defense Battalion :mrgreen:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Black

Post by Black » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Thumbs up! :lol:

Robo

Post by Robo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:27 am

Buzzsaw is looking into that and maybe he will manage to fix it for 4.0 8-)

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:48 am

This is fantastic news Robo 8-) ,after I saw your message today I looked in at the ATAG forum to find a really nice pm from Buzzsaw to me to confirm this,I obviously thanked him and the rest of the team at Team Fusion on behalf of us Hurri Pilots at ACG.

I really appreciate your efforts mate in getting this on it's way to being rectified,it would appear we're gonna get our historical tight turning radius sorted out at last.........fantastic :D

Baron le Scrope

Post by Baron le Scrope » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 am

Meaker wrote:This is fantastic news Robo 8-) ,after I saw your message today I looked in at the ATAG forum to find a really nice pm from Buzzsaw to me to confirm this,I obviously thanked him and the rest of the team at Team Fusion on behalf of us Hurri Pilots at ACG.

I really appreciate your efforts mate in getting this on it's way to being rectified,it would appear we're gonna get our historical tight turning radius sorted out at last.........fantastic :D

Well this is good news and appreciated by all the real mans fighter. Sorry for previous rant but sometimes it's necessary, but fingers crossed.
If this comes to fruition then we can really start to enjoy the Hurrie. next task is to get help from the pc experts on this forum to help me with the constant TOTAL FREEZES, it's driving me up the wall as well as letting down the squad. Will post what i have done in the Help section later. I'm
hopeful some of you chaps can help me get back to flying again, i would say "in anticipation " if i knew how to spell it.
Antec 900 case,/ Sabertooth P67 MoBo,/ Intel corei7 2600cpu-/- MSI GTX 970 4G Graphics, --WD-1Tb Velociraptor HDD--16g Corsair 2133Mhz Ram/-- Corsair TX 850w PSU /--Samsung40"led TV, TrackiR5, CH J/sick. Warthog Throttle. Corsair Vengeance 2100 H/set/mike. W10 Pro 64, /---Two slightly depressed teabags.

Think nothing of it sir, it was the least I could do, a quantity I specialize in.

Kristorf

Post by Kristorf » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 am

Good news on the 'look-see'.

Baron,
there is a thread over on the banana forum regarding freezes, it has something to do with a Windows update and/or something else windows related.
I had the freezes until I removed the guilty update, since then all hunky dorey.

If I get time I will look for it.
Regards

Chris

Black

Post by Black » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 am

Go to your Windows Control Panel and click on "programs and features" and then in the top left corner you click on "Installed Updates". Search the list for an update called "KB 2670838" and uninstall it. Restart your computer afterwards! For me, and alot of other people, this solved various problems. Launcher crashes in CloD, visual bugs in other games and all other sorts of annoying problems!

Ohh and by the way, excellent news for the Hurricane, I felt tempted to turn with it many times in the recent past which is weird, as a 109 jockey I shouldn't do it but on ther other hand it works fairly well at the moment :lol: Really looking forward to the "The Hurricane turns too good, can't shoot it down with my 109!" threads :lol:
Last edited by Black on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:40 am

Robo wrote: Buzzsaw is looking into that and maybe he will manage to fix it for 4.0
Did I miss something? Is this statement an update regarding the Hurricane FM? :? From reading Meaks reply looks like we are in business! :D Meaks, please share the response if that's ok with you
Robo wrote: Re: testing - a beta version will be compiled next weekend, Colander just posted there has been a delay so perhaps we can still make it. Mind you it might be not so easy to fix this issue and any FM changes require lots of testing. I will ask if we can test the Beta.
Yes this would be useful, we have dedicated Hurricane, Spitfire and 109 pilots.