109 Rads DM Reworked

Moderator: Board of Directors

Royraiden

109 Rads DM Reworked

Post by Royraiden » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:34 am

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... #post52810 According to TF the damage hit boxes for the rads on the 109 were WAY too big.

Robo

Re: 109 Rads DM Reworked

Post by Robo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:13 am

Great job by Catseye and TF! The hit boxes are about 1/3 bigger (wider) than the actual radiators equally on both sides. This was not exactly easy to catch as it was hidden in the code apparently. Nice one.

I am a bit puzzled though with the Spitfire - I am very sure I had quite a few Spits streaming after machine gune hits especially and I remember making lots of them stream, too. :shock: The water rad is only in the starboard wing but it's still pretty easy and common to hit it when you miss the engine / canopy line.

Hope to see the fix in 4.0!

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 am

Yeah,fantastic work by Catseye over at TF,apparantly from Buzzsaw,it seems the 1C developers have misnamed the .msh file in the damage model for the rad, and therefore it was never taking damage!! :roll: ......I also read yesterday that he's reworking the realism of the British De Wilde ammo too.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about,at the moment the DW ammo does'nt flash on impact as the real DW would have.The destructive characteristics are also being reworked,as again after the long series of IC patches the destructive power was dumbed down like so many other features of CoD.

This will be a nice feature for us red pilots :)

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Our damage guy, Catseye, has been working on this issue for a while, and noticed there didn't seem to be a discrete damage .msh for the 109's rads... instead the vanilla game was using the whole inner wing section as the hit box for the rads. He took this to Colander, who looked at the code for this and confirmed the error.
What is this then ,"Eng0WaterRadiatorPerforated" from 109 DM.Spit also have that one.

And from ATAG stats when they where available:
Plane: Bf-109E-4
----
Inflicted:

Machine gun belt broken

Pneumatics container perforated

Engine water cooling damage

Fuel tank tiny leak

Navigation failure

Machine gun line damaged

Fuel tank tiny leak

Electrical failure

Electrical battery damaged

Engine water cooling damage

Fuel tank small leak
And also on Repka stats it was up to the four decimal places at the damaged part.

I'm very sceptical about this because many times I got hits in the right part of the wing and no water leaks, and we see only the tracers (two MG in my case) and there is huge ammount of bullets going toward the target when you fire.
Its also very easy to hit water rad on Spit with 109e1,just aim at rad.

[BOUNDER EDIT] sorry Vranac - whilst trying to quote your post I've somehow eaten part of it!

EDIT: No problem Bounder I fixed it ;)
Last edited by Vranac on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robo

Post by Robo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Exactly, someone pointed the same thing out in the thread (re: Spit water damage), I agree on the 109, it's great to have it fixed and working properly. Good to see that they're working on all aspects systematically and not biased.

The 109 rad makes no difference to the RAF shooter though as if a 109 let's an enemy fighter come to guns range he will get hammered anyway.

Black

Post by Black » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:25 pm

It's nice anyway that chances to get the water radiator sniped from super long distances are getting smaller ;)

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:31 pm

To be brutally honest Black, with the red's eagle-eyed precision firing of hot lead, you won't notice any change in water radiator damage as we're always cock on our intended target.

I mean, I *always* aim just a bit to the left, and a bit below, the enemy. It might look like I'm missing, to the untrained eye, but the scary reality is that every missed bullet is *exactly* where I intended it to be.

Call me Neo.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Black

Post by Black » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:32 pm

You rather call me Neo because I dodge all of those bullets with snaprolls :geek:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Spins you mean :twisted:

Black

Post by Black » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Snaprolls, spins, panicstalls, whatever is necessary to survive!