Moderator: Shadepiece

Broadsword
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Contributor

Re: Chubby activated.

Post by Broadsword » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Yes, but is he wrong?
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Von Archie
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by Von Archie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Broadsword wrote:Yes, but is he wrong?
Dunno Broady. I think he gets all his info second hand anyway, what with not actually having ever played BoX. TBH I don't even care what people want to fly any more, hopefully some can continue to fly Cliffs and be happy, while some move on to BoX and are equally happy.
The sooner the brass reveal the plan the better. The survival and growth of ACG is the main thing, and people spending their free time playing whatever game they want to. Coming in to every BoX thread to lay a great big turd on peoples enthusiasm is getting a bit tiresome though.
Life's too short.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Vranac
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Vranac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Von Archie wrote::blah: :blah: :blah: :suicide:
Here you go, a longer version with nice musical background. You also have a response from Petrovich (or non response better to say) there, Andrey Solomykin, you can check his YT channel.

Von Archie
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by Von Archie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:33 pm

FFS Vranac, just enjoy Cliffs and let the ones who want to enjoy BoX get on with it...
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Wiggy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Contributor

Post by Wiggy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Von Archie wrote:Coming in to every BoX thread to lay a great big turd on peoples enthusiasm is getting a bit tiresome though.
Even a big shiny polished one?

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Contributor
Location: Bomber *Command* County :D - Buckinghamshire, England

Post by Donkey » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 am

I may be wrong here, and he's pretty subtle so I'm not certain but ... Do any of the rest of you think Vranac doesn't like BoX? :P

Kai Lae
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Kai Lae » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:03 am

I’m just waiting for a video or comment that isn’t in Russian

Shadepiece
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
ACG Staff

Post by Shadepiece » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 am

Let's see what the update tomorrow brings!

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:16 pm

I dont see anything wrong with what is shown in Vranac videos guys are pointing out to game problems, you can clearly see even from other videos how bad and simple game DM and FM, is its 46 level at best, just putt invisable skin on airplane and youll see with how mutch lack of detail internal parts are made compared to CloD, and he doesent have to have game to know thats not what he wonts from game as videos are correct from my in game expiriance.
Knowing that still dont prevent me to see what game will be going forward, even with my gripes of BoX about por dserver and vis range i still dont see any other options players have in year or two, there is no way TFS5 will sell in good numbers so 1C alowes TFS to make more patches for game so Clod will be dead in a year or two at best.
BoX is way forward no mather how crapy it is now, CloD is better but managed wors then any mod team i saw and they kill it already with poor 4.5, just look numbers on steam.

PS Vranac i even see Pirke playing regulary on WoL, it seams he give in also, even with all the problems :)

Kai Lae
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Kai Lae » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm

StG77_CountZero wrote:I dont see anything wrong with what is shown in Vranac videos guys are pointing out to game problems
Wrong? Nothing really, other than they don't match the general experiences of the majority of players playing it, including me. I won't tell you that BoX doesn't have issues needed to be fixed, or that CLoD isn't better in some ways. But I believe that BoX has a good chance over time in actually getting those fixed, where as I believe Dickie would say, "I don't trust TF to deliver a pizza, much less a flight sim".

I also find it annoying that you can start a discussion about this topic and invariably he will show up and start with the same things, always with some source in Russian which very few people here can understand, thus making it difficult to refute. And no, I don't think google translate is sufficient to understand completely the point a poster is trying to make in this kind of thing. While I can also understand why if you think something is bad you wouldn't want to buy it, the fact that he's never played it and complains - while ignoring the experiences of people like me - is again, annoying.

The simple fact is that there is no ideal CFS in existence. We have to make do with what we have. Going forward, like you noted, this is our best option, mostly because they have a focused plan for content delivery (unlike DCS) and listen and attempt to accommodate their customers (unlike TF).