Stranger Things in BoX......

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

IronJockel

Re: Stranger Things in BoX......

Post by IronJockel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:49 am

Donkey wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:16 pm
Ours were set at 0, which traditionally means "no limit". I've set them both to 150000 - which is more bandwidth than we actually have but...

Not convinced it will do anything, guess we will see on Sunday.
Had to do exactly that on DCS servers too, and it helped. Maybe it's a Russian thing, to limit bandwidth use bei default :roll:
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:44 am

Played on WoL after they toled change was made, and same thing is happening, missions that worked ok before change work ok, missions that didnt work ok dont work ok. So that change didnt help, also admin of WoL say Han missunderstod him and they had 1gb set not mb.
Misions on wol that had problems have moving ships, and when thouse ships were removed (objective completed) server get better on that mission. I run several tests on thouse missions when Rip was hosting and its clear that demand on servers incresed in 3.007, when moving AI units are used, ships are most heavy. Devs know about this from WoL admins and others and say they are looking into it.

I would recomend until they do fix to reduce amount of units on mision.
Easy and fast way to know if you as player wil have delay is when you spawn, ask your tm8 who is also on server to tell you whats the time on his clock in airplane, if its differant (behined) by 4-5s youll have delays during the mission.

Barone

Post by Barone » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi all,

How's the dsync now? I've just played a few times after the patch but for me, it seems to be almost unplayable.
5th VSQN discord: https://discord.gg/RE52gzK

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:30 pm

I didn't have any issues with it today, but the server was still populating while we were fighting, so it wasn't under significant load.

Crane

Post by Crane » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Observed some slight warping (plane moving back and forth halve a plane length) with my squad mates from the US, but still very playable.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:41 am

Yep I had one or two aircraft stuttering and slight warping... but hit model and proximity seemed better?

Connections all seemed to run on time until the very end when the last couple of units were a few minutes late but for late arrivers more than the connection procedure.

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Mooch

Post by Mooch » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:42 am

One of our guys got hit by flak and the damage registered a few? seconds after. There was some message that showed up on our screens saying he had a late damage message from the server or something like that.

I had one stutter but that was it.

Cheers,

Mooch

Passion

Post by Passion » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:43 am

Campaign was smooth for for me. Get the the odd stutter when tacgrab resets the recording but thats to be expected and is only minor. Did get a error message saying 'data hit recieved'. Think it was relating to Magic.

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 am

What was those error messages coming from the server about? That I've never seen before. Something odd was going on.

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 am

That has been happening on several servers lately where if someone was having a delay in packets to the server it would start to populate those messages.