ACG Draft

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Smokejumper

Re: ACG Draft

Post by Smokejumper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Didn't we do that already? I joined under a sorta RED recruitment freeze and was asked to fill up short side.

Azref

Post by Azref » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 pm

I say we just transfer all the reds that moved blue at the end of the BoB campaign back to the VVS. Simple solution, as they already flew in the red units and will know the others in the squadron. :D
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Pinetree
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Pinetree » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 pm

Just an idea, but what about the soviets flying two missions in a campaign?

If i was flying Goose would still be alive!

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:40 pm

Pinetree wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 pm
It's an idea that I'm kicking around in my head already, so good shout. The main thing is working out how to do it without making the missions run longer.

There's been talk in this thread of spreading the various resources more thinly. I would like to draw attention to the fact that we've tried something quite a lot like this already. Early on the focus of mission design was for smaller groups of aircraft to tackle multiple objectives, some would result in contact, others would not. This idea proved unpopular for a couple of reasons, many complained that they weren't getting to fly with their full squadron, some claimed it felt more like co-op or that it was boring because they didn't make contact.

Now that we've had a decent amount of full squadron-on-squadron missions with (almost) guaranteed contact, does the previous method seem more attractive to those that were initially against it?

Azref

Post by Azref » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 am

LuftAsher wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:40 pm
Pinetree wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 pm
It's an idea that I'm kicking around in my head already, so good shout. The main thing is working out how to do it without making the missions run longer.
The only thing that I can think of to prevent missions running longer is to have a rotor where squadrons fly 1st and 2nd shift every few weekends. That way you're splitting the load across all the VVS squadrons and everyone gets a turn flying 2 shifts.

So that the LW don't feel left out, why not have 1 LW unit and 2 VVS units fly double shifts each week. Increases VVS units in the mission and is fair to all.

Just an idea. :salute:
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Bully

Post by Bully » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:12 pm

We could do that with two servers. Two flights for everyone