Stranger Things in BoX......

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

LuftAsher

Re: Stranger Things in BoX......

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Wunderbar...

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the end of a rope.

Steph

Post by Steph » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:29 pm

F***ing hell! Can we at least test some AIs with next missions, see how it goes?

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:02 pm

StG77_CountZero wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:04 pm
Berloga was only server i had no problems on and runs better then before.

No 14-15-18-19 from thier list of fixes are noticable fixed, rest i guess is fixed but any gains in MP optimisation is probably offseted by new more demanding ground units.
With the new patch.

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:51 pm

what you see in that video is when server is overloaded, and data transfered is not transfered at time, this was happening before on servers, but now after patch is more offten on all servers. That video is from kota server where they didnt have thouse problems before, now after patch its comon. Yesterday same happend to ripgrunwald when he attacked 109 on wol and today when attacked ju88, servers are overloaded, only berloga is not.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:13 pm

CountZero, that has nothing to do with a server nor with a connection. People were testing that on a strong server with a huge bandwidth and only two players with 10-20 ms ping, no any AI...nothing.

And what is funny, I just saw Han responding, something like strange, how that can happen...
After dozens of videos, discussions with him and Petrovich and their explanations that this is problem of hardware and bad connection. And 30+ upvotes on their forum for any post asking them to solve that problem.

They don't have a programmer for netcode, somebody wrote that crap years ago and it has to be completely rewritten. And that's a serious task, not some raindrops or smoke.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:50 pm

You record one Vranac please. Oh wait, you don't have the game :D

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:48 pm

To be fair Dickie we are all experiencing this... the netcode of this sim is making Dog fights a lottery, removing pilot skill as you may or may not be where you think you are versus the other aircraft... if there is no fix to this, I cannot see me flying a BoX campaign after this one until they fix it!
Have given this sim the best chance I can, but if I cannot have a fair fight (likewise my opponent) then whats the point?
Will see this campaign out then take a view... but it really is crap. I love the weather, the graphics but the laser show tracers are also a joke...The P47 which was one of the toughest aircraft in WW2... is being blown apart currently in Dogfight servers... the damage model is so out of whack for the asset.
Its a shame as the Box team have really tried to make a silk purse out of a sows ear... and must be applauded for that... but this is frustrating and that does not even cover the connection issue BS we are having to deal with.
:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:31 am

Hey Dickie do you have the game? Cause you're not flying it much are you? If you were you'd see that the things Vranac is posting are happening REGULARLY in our campaign so far and a lot of those incidents are recorded on the forums. Vranac going Alex Jones about BoX might have been a good meme a year ago but you have to admit that there's truth to what he's saying, even if it's poorly worded.

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:13 am

Onebad wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:31 am
Vranac going Alex Jones about BoX might have been a good meme a year ago but you have to admit that there's truth to what he's saying, even if it's poorly worded.
This. I was also on the BoX is gr8 Vranac just h8 train for a while but have since come to my senses, these issues are obvious and game breaking to say the least. Things like lazy engine management, poor damage model and now bonkers net code has essentially ruined all hope I had for this sim. The issues are obvious and shown quite clearly in this thread, if you'd like to turn a blind eye feel free but that would be lazy, just like this sim.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:29 am

This patch has completely fucked the netcode it was meant to fix. Server connection times are currently the worst they have ever been, and the issues Vranac mentioned are more common now than they ever were before. I've never seen it this pervasive.

Maybe they'll fix it, I don't know.

Any volunteers for the 1946 Project?