Stranger Things in BoX......

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BlackDog

Stranger Things in BoX......

Post by BlackDog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Ok... so after the last few weeks we have been tracking strange events, when they occur and who is online... and some odd things have been spotted...

You may have seen a video from Drifter a month or so ago, where he thought he had shot down four aircraft during our 5th Staffel training night, yet what he saw was wildly different to what we all saw on the LW side... it was as if the Commie side was time advanced ahead of the LW side... as all on each side were seeing the same thing.... I recorded the flight and many flights since and on Sunday's mission we encountered the same wierd crap...

So what do I mean... ???

When Drifter attacked each one of us.... he was no where near near us and yet in his view he has clear line at each of us and of course none of use react... but the final kill was the oddest... (We were practising in F2's)

In the thin blue air...with no six and no engagement my aircraft suddenly back flips... and detonates from every damage sector on the aircraft -

Now...the only problem with this... is the position that Drifter was at the time..and on a Ctrl F2 check he was the only enemy near me..

Notice the engine running and canopy closed...
and no pilot....

Now guns firing... on the ground!

Now the canopy opens... and a pilot appears in the dirt...

The the aircraft explodes on the ground and chute deploys...

Similar with Jackman....
He saw Hollywood miles away..then suddenly Hollywood shot past and a moment later his aircraft disintegrates like the other pilots in the Staffel...

Looking at Hollywoods video... he had a clean pass and to him it looked legit...

Now...... fast forward to this Sunday (Mission 8).... and Welshy.... minding his own business... well away from any fire from the Ground convoy...

then suddenly.....
Backflip....

and total aircraft disintegration....

Then, when we attacked Migolovo airfield... look at Woops attack on me from my perspective....

Oveshoots....bullets all missing...

Then suddenly... I am hit...I presumed from this AA MG nest.... ???

Still got the bomb away...

ran down the river and whilst Woop chased... no rounds hit me on my side....

Had to ditch further down the river...

Now ...

Others have reported strange back flips.... and odd things...

So either we have just the worst netcode of all time, in which case flying becomes a lottery.... or....
something else is wrong....maybe the server just isnt up to BoX....standards....??

Anyone else seen similar odd things???

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Biggs

Re: Stranger Things in BoX......

Post by Biggs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:16 pm

net code has been bad for a long time, this is an extreme example. Vranac complained about this. I've seen it happen to me before but not quite this bad of a delay.

This is unfortunately just one of the many issues facing Box. its downright game breaking but all we can do is put up with it and hope it gets fixed.... along with all the other problems. :roll:

Grunt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Grunt » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:23 pm

If you look in the upper left you can see the 109 I was chasing just disintegrate, hard to see the moment of impact but 100% he was not hit by fire from our aircraft. Incidentally it looks like it happens the moment that the IL-2 explodes in the bottom right.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 pm

The next update should be coming out within the next week or two. According to the dev diary (210) this will also include:

"We'll have other multiplayer improvements in the coming update as well: we have managed to find a way to synchronize weapon fire events on different multiplayer clients better, minimizing the total time of the delay to the total client-server-client ping and optimize the net delay compensation routines for transmitting aircraft positions and orientations. Server ping calculations will be also corrected - this is required for further improvements in the multiplayer lobby"

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... ent=690091
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Nightrise

Post by Nightrise » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:55 pm

I've shot at aircraft before doing no damage only for them to completely disintegrate 30 seconds later. Its rare but it does happen.

Nightrise

Post by Nightrise » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:55 pm

It could also have been a replay bug that made drifters aircraft look strange.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 am

Gromic wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 pm
The next update should be coming out within the next week or two. According to the dev diary (210) this will also include:

"We'll have other multiplayer improvements in the coming update as well: we have managed to find a way to synchronize weapon fire events on different multiplayer clients better, minimizing the total time of the delay to the total client-server-client ping and optimize the net delay compensation routines for transmitting aircraft positions and orientations. Server ping calculations will be also corrected - this is required for further improvements in the multiplayer lobby"

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16 ... ent=690091
:nice:

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:41 am

Nightrise wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:55 pm
It could also have been a replay bug that made drifters aircraft look strange.
Those are a thing. I would go off of recorded video before a track.

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 am

its no server problem, best server on world and fastest net conection cant fix that, its their bad netcode that is like that since game started.

There was many videos where ppl get hit when enemy is already far from them, data of him shooting at you just didnt get transfered to you so you think he miss but then you fall apart several seconds or minuts later.

Guy shooting has advantage, i see this happening when guys involved have big diferance in pings, to me this happends if i play late on wol and shoot at brazilians or australians, i will see me hiting them but airplane stays with no damage, i brake from them and prepare second attack and then all of sudden enemy airplane loses all parts. He recived my bullet data later.

few videos:

guy in p40 got hit mutch sooner when he thinks 109 miss him, enemy brakes from him and guy who got hit see enemy fiering in nothing as data is recived to late and then its airplane just fall apart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyoOgnNvvpI

Same with il-2, he shoot when 190 pass him, 190 didnt get that data, and only later when 190 guy get data he see il-2 shooting and wonders how he hit him. if all was ok 190 guy would be able to bail, but now he doesent have chance to servive because of oor netcod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cge7UQ72tSA
Il-2 miles away from him is the one who got him noth that la , and that hit that got him was made at 21 sec of video (thats when il2 shoot at him but because of bad net 190 recived that minut later )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3BYCUXAtdM

its happening in real time, its not just bad replay data, as what you see in replay is what you recived and when you recived it from server.

i hope this next udate make net better but i dont count mutch, they had feedback on forum last few days, me and rip and others on our ts3 put complained about multiplayer problems, hope that get most complains about and they get work on optimising net, or when tf5 comes in 2020 mp guys will have mutch better option to switch to.

also any tracers you see from other airplanes in MP are not what realy happends, thouse are delayed to you for few sec at best, do ground attacka nd look at your wingman, he will strafe and stop shooting and pull up, but to you it will be he start to shoot to late and then shoot still while he is pulling up, as you see when he start and stop shooting delayed.
Also easy test is spawn with wingman on empty server, and tell him to start to shoot when you count to 3, youll not see him start to shoot at exact time he started.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:41 pm

This is my concern... how can we expect to have a fair fight, if the netcode is that shit?

Dogfights then become a lottery as to whether you get a clean run on a target or whether the enemy you are watching closing on you is actually 300m behind you, rather than the 800m you are actually seeing....and therefore all moves to avoid could be completely redundent?

If that is the case... this will get old, real fast!

:shock:
BD