Server Upgrade time.... ???

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BlackDog

Server Upgrade time.... ???

Post by BlackDog » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Chaps,

Its fare to say our i5 based server is showing its age and creaking under the load of what we are trying to do within Box.

15.span had two disconnections mid battle on Sunday and I heard one or two others in other units too. When compared to the likes of TAW or huge numbers of humans in a Beluga dogfight session, there seems to be greater stability elsewhere with equal if not more human and AI traffic.

So is it now worth having a serious discussion about our server and whether we can upgrade it?

There is rumour of an ACG server fund? Who is charge of that/has access to that and is it healthy enough to make an upgrade decision?

Do folks need to dig into their own pockets to assist in making this happen?

Is the server a private one, or is it leased? In which case are we getting a good deal?

Can those in the 'know' share their knowledge below so that we can have a discussion about it?

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Boyezee

Re: Server Upgrade time.... ???

Post by Boyezee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Here is your answer, posted only a week ago

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10429

BlackDog

Re: Server Upgrade time.... ???

Post by BlackDog » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Ah great thanks Boyezee I missed that.

This thread can be deleted

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea