Trying my hand at skinning

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

WickedFox
Staff

Trying my hand at skinning

Post by WickedFox » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:55 pm

While not historically correct, still fun...

So i figure if i can do that i can do historical skins too ;)
WickedFox
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. (I shall either find a way or make one)
Ave ACG, morituri te salutant. (Hail, ACG, those who are about to die salute you.)

Woop

Re: Trying my hand at skinning

Post by Woop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Tigerskin! Me likey! 8-)

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:02 pm

Now that's awesome!

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:10 pm

:nice: Great job, that actually is not far from a few historical VVS skins.

My first skin was a Tigerstripe 109 in Cliffs, but careful.... it gets addictive!

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

WickedFox
Staff

Post by WickedFox » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 pm

BlackDog wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:10 pm
:nice: Great job, that actually is not far from a few historical VVS skins.

My first skin was a Tigerstripe 109 in Cliffs, but careful.... it gets addictive!

:salute:
BD
Thx BD. And yes i know i already made Wcmdr Rolf Arne Berg's skin for the Mk Vb. Spit before they released
the Mk. IX for BOK with that skin,
Here's the link to the history about RAB : http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/a-quest ... kings.html

Altso made a skin from a comic i dont remember the name of, that someone requested of the 1C forums.

So If someone has a historical skin for the current campaign they want to get created feel free to ask..
I will need a pic or two of said skin preferably side/top views but one good one might be enough..
Fox..
WickedFox
Ave ACG, morituri te salutant. (Hail, ACG, those who are about to die salute you.)

WickedFox
Staff

Post by WickedFox » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Looking at MIG-3 skins and came across this page : https://massimotessitori.altervista.org ... aikov.html Apparently the Green tiger skin was flown in the 34IAP at the Moscov theatre, so I made my own
as close to the pic's and the one already in game as possible. Something to use in the campaign perhaps :) Ofcource the ACG logo on the fuselage must go if so..
Still Work in progress, but hints & constructive critisism welcome :)

WickedFox

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:06 pm

WickedFox wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:51 pm
Looking at MIG-3 skins and came across this page : https://massimotessitori.altervista.org ... aikov.html Apparently the Green tiger skin was flown in the 34IAP at the Moscov theatre, so I made my own
as close to the pic's and the one already in game as possible. Something to use in the campaign perhaps :) Ofcource the ACG logo on the fuselage must go if so..
Still Work in progress, but hints & constructive critisism welcome :)

Nice work fox :nice: but you need to ask your commander first before you can use it in campaign and as far as I know we must use official squadron/staffel skins. But for next campaign if there is new plane sets they will needs guys like you to help with skins for sure. :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

WickedFox
Staff

Post by WickedFox » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:39 pm

:salute: Thx & Yes Jackman, was not planning to use any custom skins ;) Merely asked if it might be an idea for the future since that particular skin was indeed used by the 34 IAP and before the was it was one of the standard skins for the Mig-3s.
WickedFox