can not bind joystick or throttle quadrant

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Darky

can not bind joystick or throttle quadrant

Post by Darky » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi guys i am pulling out my hair my problem started out of the blue, first my game would not fire up so i uninstalled the game and after a reinstall nothing so i uninstalled steam and started a fresh.
Great after a second attempt it installed and i can fire up my game, looking forward to training night until i realised i had to re-bind all my keys.
the game will not recognise my joystick nor my throttle quadrant but my re-install of cliffs does strange.
when i fire up BOS a message in the right bottom corner tells me i am configured for a game-pad but i can not see how or why, am i overlooking something anyone please :?

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: can not bind joystick or throttle quadrant

Post by Donkey » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Found this on steam, may help?
This issue is about the joystick not being seen at all in the game. None of the buttons or stick works, not even when mapping in game.

If your Joystick is recognized, but the axis doesn't work, this topic is not for you.

What finally worked for me, was a Steam issue. I turned off the generic controller in the Steam settings, and it worked.

Use the drop down menu in your Steam browser:

Steam>Settings>Controller>General Controller settings and turn off (uncheck) "Generic Gamepad Configuration Support"

After two days of frustrating attempts to use different work arounds like changing 'device id#' and USB plug in order, this is the only one that finally worked.

Hope it helps, and this should be 'pinned'.

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Darky wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Hi guys i am pulling out my hair my problem started out of the blue, first my game would not fire up so i uninstalled the game and after a reinstall nothing so i uninstalled steam and started a fresh.
Great after a second attempt it installed and i can fire up my game, looking forward to training night until i realised i had to re-bind all my keys.
the game will not recognise my joystick nor my throttle quadrant but my re-install of cliffs does strange.
when i fire up BOS a message in the right bottom corner tells me i am configured for a game-pad but i can not see how or why, am i overlooking something anyone please :?
In the BOX setting go to control settings and make sure you have the joystick clicked in the box. Not mouse or game pad.

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Darky

Post by Darky » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:52 pm

thank you for trying to help both of you.
I found out why but am confused as i did not put it there :?
In Steam games library right click the IL Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad on your list and choose properties
then on the top right click the button LOCAL FILES
then click the button BROWS LOCAL FILES
then click the folder Data
then click the folder input and in there is a Notepad file named devices
The line below was at the top so I deleted the line and all works fine now :nice:
0,%2211ff28de-28de-0001-4449564449500000%22,Controller%20(XBOX%20360%20For%20Windows)

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."