Random Loss of Controls

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Sure Shot
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel

Random Loss of Controls

Post by Sure Shot » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:53 pm

I was wondering if anybody knows what's up with the random control loss I have had and a few of my Staffle members have also had? In my case it was one of the first Market Garden missions I was about to shoot some transports and my VR glitched, there was some stutter and after I had no control of my plane as it slowly rolled into the dirt. We had two lose controls in todays mission. And to clarify I don't think any had any damage to their plane that affected the controls. It is full random loss.

I'm not sure if there is a common cause but I know all who had this issue that I know of was using VR with some not having the visual glitch before. And It did happen once to me outside of the campaign a while ago, so I thought I'd post this here rather than in the feedback thread.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: Random Loss of Controls

Post by Donkey » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:16 pm

Happened to me once. Also in VR. About 5 mins after take-off I lost all input from joystick and rudder and likewise rolled into the dirt. Quit out, checked that windows could still see my peripherals (it could) restarted and everything worked. Really irritating.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:59 am

Donkey wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:16 pm
Happened to me once. Also in VR. About 5 mins after take-off I lost all input from joystick and rudder and likewise rolled into the dirt. Quit out, checked that windows could still see my peripherals (it could) restarted and everything worked. Really irritating.
Yup, that happened to me as well today. Was having a good mission until I rolled uncontrolled into the ground. Frustrating end to an otherwise good mission

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:27 pm

It happened to me at start up. I noticed that my engine was not starting, because none of my controls worked, including Zoom, but my VR head movement was not effected otherwise. I was going to restart, and I tried Alt+Tab a few times and got my controls back, so I didn't have to restart. I had never experienced this before.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:21 pm

Chap's this isn't just a VR thing , we had pilots without VR having the same issue.
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:37 am

Ginger wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:21 pm
Chap's this isn't just a VR thing , we had pilots without VR having the same issue.
To be clear I don't believe it's a VR thing, more of a BoX misbehaving thing - but the visual glitch that Sureshot suffered is interesting. Most (all?) VR headset types have a USB connection to the PC, and the glitch may have been a manifestation of some USB library used by the BoX code crashing. I don't recall a glitch myself, but it was a few weeks back so who knows.

Sure Shot
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel

Post by Sure Shot » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:43 am

Yeah I wasn't sure if VR was a commonality of the problem, or not. The people I knew that had the issue all had it. But it's good to know that people without have had the same issue.

The visual glitch went about like this: First there was stutter like when you enter an area with many assets around. Then I think I saw blue, and after I got sight back but only for half of my screen and there was no movement tracking. It then went to a blue screen again until I shut the game down.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:43 pm

I had that same problem yesterday on a practice "Quick Mission". Especially the blue screen bit before getting booted from the game.