Key binds for Logitech 3D Pro question

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Witzig

Key binds for Logitech 3D Pro question

Post by Witzig » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:15 am

Ok, I'm finally getting around to the game after a horrific couple of weeks at work and have a question about setting up my joystick. This set up would be for the 109 series.

Main button: Triger for cannon and MG.
Button #2: Press to talk for TS 3.
Button #3: Map
Hat function: zoom in and out

Basically, as I am clueless, what are the bigger priority things I need mapped to my joystick and what can I keep on my keyboard.

Regards.

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Key binds for Logitech 3D Pro question

Post by Steel » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:48 am

I think you're almost set for a BF109. I would suggest you use the hat switch for elevator trim, or if you have two more buttons available on the stick for that. It's important you have this mapped so that you won't be "fighting" the plane whilst flying.

Map key you can keep on your keyboard, unless you are in VR, then maybe on the joystick, not sure? Maybe a bigger key or a key that you can feel your way to on your keyboard so it's easy to find whilst under the goggles.

For a BF109 really the only things you need on the joystick are trigger, trim and push to talk.

Other things you need mapped are:
- Flaps up/down
- Landing gear

Management by perkele

Witzig

Post by Witzig » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Steel wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:48 am
I think you're almost set for a BF109. I would suggest you use the hat switch for elevator trim, or if you have two more buttons available on the stick for that. It's important you have this mapped so that you won't be "fighting" the plane whilst flying.

Map key you can keep on your keyboard, unless you are in VR, then maybe on the joystick, not sure? Maybe a bigger key or a key that you can feel your way to on your keyboard so it's easy to find whilst under the goggles.

For a BF109 really the only things you need on the joystick are trigger, trim and push to talk.

Other things you need mapped are:
- Flaps up/down
- Landing gear
Thanks. I totally forgot about the elevator trim!

Ocelot
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocelot » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:16 pm

I use the right side buttons for zoom in and out, another of the top buttons for a 180 6 o clock snap view. Then you have the HAT switch for Elevator and Rudder trim. Although if you are going to only fly the 109, you could set the side-side HAT switch to something else useful like flaps, manual prop pitch etc. Brake button is useful too. I'm big.on playing one handed, you can definitely pare down almost everything needed to fly to just the stick.