No markings, no skins ...

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: No markings, no skins ...

Post by Flyby » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Grizzly wrote:Recently they made new and "good looking" tree's.. Yay, more fancy graphics to lure in the kids.
How about physics, damage and flight model get's first priority in a FLIGHT sim :P
+1, and here's a foot in the arse for not giving the option of a clickable pit. CLoD gives you a bit of it, and DCS gives a lot of clickability. Choice is good.
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:48 pm

The last TF video showed tree collision modelling in COD along with improved DM.

That's the only insult that the fanbois have been able to throw afaik, and it'll be gone soon.

Stig

Post by Stig » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Osprey wrote:The last TF video showed tree collision modelling in COD along with improved DM.

That's the only insult that the fanbois have been able to throw afaik, and it'll be gone soon.
No, it was a telegraph pole hidden amongst the trees.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:49 pm

OK, I've seen this workaround from Philstyle, but if that is the case then I find the motive strange and misleading. There are plenty of things to fly into which would be clear that it's about aircraft DM so why give the impression that if you hit a tree something will break?

Stig

Post by Stig » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Don't know, I thought it strange too.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:41 am

I re-visited the thread and it's clear now why I said about the tree collisions.
From the Team Fusion Bugtracker

20 new issues have been raised since the last update, among them......
Reported bug #586: "Trees lack collision detection" (In Progress)
So, the next TF should have a resolution, people will have to enable trees :)

Azref

Post by Azref » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Seems to me it's gonna require server designated settings for trees, otherwise people will just turn them off and still fly below them.
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Azref wrote:Seems to me it's gonna require server designated settings for trees, otherwise people will just turn them off and still fly below them.
Yeah but If they decide to put in a lightpole proxy "inside" every tree to create a collisionmodel or however they do it, I would imagine them to force this "feature" off so tree's are allways on. The lightpoles will be invisible / no visual model so it wont give any perfomance impact if I understand the way it's done correctly. And if thats not possible for them to enforce, the lightpoles would most likely have nothing to do with the tree's other than their actual map-positions/locations. So if people turn off the tree models anyway, I would imagine that the collisionmodels still would be there but invisible. So that would put most off for "hiding" in the tree's I think :P

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Problem is: Think you can't spawn a lightpole for every tree there is, otherwise it would have been done by 1C already. They knew about the problem. Unless you put them in all by hand into the map itself:P

I think the closest "good" solution is a whole invisible polysided proxybox that they place around the areas where tree groups are spawned that mimics the dimensions of the treelines. No idea how well this can be achieved within the moddability constraints of CloD.