It's looking pretty good now, but the game play

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Mauf

Re: It's looking pretty good now, but the game play

Post by Mauf » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:48 am

Which won't happen until the A/Cs stop behaving like WWI planes and we get access to the FMB:) (Which, considering the engine, will result in Osprey having a manic laughter as he tortures the game to a grinding halt)

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Osprey wrote:Well I'm not planning on playing it until a load of you peasants come back and tell me that they released it and it's brilliant ;)
ala CLoD? Well, how about a poll to judge interest among the ACG faithful?
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:21 pm

I was really looking forward to this game, and it was a large part of the reason why I chose the 109, I had an eye on learning it ready for this game however the more I hear the more I'm put off.

I looked forward to attacking large Sturmovik raids and getting a sense of the scale of the eastern front, which appears to be impossible by the sound of things

That said though, I will fly whatever you guys are flying, if you all go BOS or DCS or whatever I will join you because I enjoy flying as part of a team, don't want to be flying around on my own :cry:

Although I wonder if the TF 5 patch with the new theatre will help Clod retain more people when BOS is released proper and DCS has ww2 maps.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Boyezee, if TF comes out with a new theater (the Med, I hope), CLoD will probably remain my #1 interest among combat flight sims. Can't beat the immersion with anything currently out there as far as I know. Anyone?
Flyby out

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Personally, I've never had a huge interest in the Eastern front. I do enjoy learning about it because there's so much to know and was by far the largest theater in terms of forces committed but I can't imagine myself enjoying the gameplay. Mostly because it was an outnumbered German force flying against a shit VVS,then a mediocre one, then a pretty decent. Plus the huge relatively barren landscape, inability of the engine to come close to CloD, etc., ect.....

It's just not my jar of shine. However, like Boyezee, if ACG flew BoS en masse I would certainly join but I don't foresee that.

If TF could give us a Wellington, a Spit V, Hurricane II, P-40, 109 F-2 and/or F-4, and god willing a 190, on top of an Africa/Med map, I don't see any reason to leave CloD. Plus, we could fly the current map all the way into 1942. We've flown the same ~6 month period for over a year since TF's first patch. Imagine the run we could get out of an expansion like that!

DCS is very appealing to me but I'm leaving it for if/when we move over to it just to have a little bit of a challenge. I would love to see TF make CEM or maybe even just the start up process a little more in depth. Right now it's fuel cock on, ignition, open rads. Leaves a little to be wanting in my opinion for a game that is so good FM, DM, and graphics wise. I've inquired into the chance of that happening and at the moment resources are focused on a new plane set and understandably so. But one can hope.

If we were to have everything we have now as is on a DCS level AND the MP capabilities, I would probably move on to DCS. To me that would make our campaigns even more intense with so many things to manage and really amp up the focus and adrenalin. But we're not there yet.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Flyby wrote:Boyezee, if TF comes out with a new theater (the Med, I hope), CLoD will probably remain my #1 interest among combat flight sims. Can't beat the immersion with anything currently out there as far as I know. Anyone?
Flyby out
I've seen a pic of a COD 109 over Tobruk. It's quite old though, not sure how long the work has been going on for.

vonLazan

Post by vonLazan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:15 am

Bear wrote:and god willing a 190
Oh Bear you tease :(

Krass

Post by Krass » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:54 pm

FW 190 A-3 comming in todays update.. now available to buy in the shop for $19.99 if you have the standard version.
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:04 am

Krass, that's not a bad price for the last fighter to be introduced. I'm very tempted. anyone else thinking of buying it?
Flyby out

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:54 am

You are paying for the fw190 3d model, because I doubt that you'll get the fm and dm with it.