Re: Bos is insane? see the link

Post by Mauf » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Quite relevant.

Kraut

Post by Kraut » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:25 am

Mauf wrote:

Quite relevant.
I completely agree with TB for every genre except flight sims. I'm tired of getting burned on AAAs like BF/CoD/insertrandomshit-tierFPShere. I won't preorder anything of the sort anymore. In fact, I don't buy EA/Ubi games in general anymore.

I'm a bit more willing to potentially get screwed when it comes to sims. I'm ok with being out $50-100 or so with the chance of getting a really great sim just because they are few and far between. Worth the risk to me.

The reasons I don't really practice the same restraint for sims is:

There aren't many sims
There aren't many sim pilots
The devs that do make sims need all the help they can get
My YT Channel is almost pure flight sim related.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:37 am

I haven't bought or played BoS, so I won't make any remarks on how realistic, authentic or whatever it is. But I find it in general hilarious when the producers of a sim say: "It's the most realistic sim done, ever." I understand that this is how marketing works. But in my opinion, it's the job of independent, objective reviewers to make a judgement on the quality of the sim.
Regardless if it is true or not, every statement on the sims quality from the devs/producers that is referring to unmeasurable quantities like realism, authenticity, immersion, etc... have to be ignored anyway and are just propaganda.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 am

Which is why I have such high regards for the DCS series so far. They don't engage in this level of marketing drivel and let the products speak for themselves. I hope that doesn't change. And yes, they really need more publicity especially right now with the WW2 line picking up speed.

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:39 am

BoS very hard to be as CoD, and even more difficult as the DCS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never! :twisted:
And, perhaps this is the reason nihovih praise to your address!
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:03 pm

you guys... The proof will be in the finished product. I'm telling you all that even at 70% the sim offers a good flying experience. Some other groups are making custom missions to be flown on their servers right now (see here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/950 ... ver/page-4 ) Campaigns? Not yet. But at least some squads were given the mission-builder code-thing. It's The Syndicate server is getting positive reviews for it's online missions. Several ACG pilots are flying BoS on the servers. I haven't yet flown on the servers, but I have every intention of doing so (as soon as I can man-up on taxing the Anton).
So ACG gets into a silly pissing contest with the BoS guy and this thread is where we're at? I didn't like that one guy posted a review saying BoS was all that, and he turns out to be a combat-flight sim poser. Nothing more. His opinion DOES NOT RETRACT FROM THE SIM! So, please. stop this silly hate-speech towards BoS or Jason. It does not become us to do so. If someone has a personal beef with him by all means take it up with him...personally. Oh, you'll get support from here, but you won't get resolution to any issues from here. So, nothing will change from here.

Sorry to vent on this, but reading this thread was reading some fanboy thread over on the BoS forums; marked by similar intolerance-speak. It reads like that. I doubt there are any BoS -haters here, but it's sure looking like it. Shit, guys, hate the sim-poser. He wrote the article. He didn't and isn't working on the sim. I apologize for even posting the damned link. BoS will have a useful FMB. It's accommodating 50+ on some servers, at least. The Devs are proving to at least listen and make some changes due to input from the community. I've posted links to the discussions about the importance of the FMB to the BoS online community. The Devs are paying attention.

So, is it the will of ACG to get involved with BoS as a cohesive group? If not, let the hate-speech continue. Put another way,keep digging.
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Krass

Post by Krass » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:46 pm

Well said Flyby. Some of these 'my sim is better than your sim' threads sound like play school.

Guys, if you dont like BoS, just move on. It makes ACG look like a Cliffs & DCS fanboy clique and not an open and freindly place for newcommers to the flight sim world.
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”

Black

Post by Black » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Krass, if I don't like something then I say it. I don't bash BoS because it is cool to do so or many others do it, I bash it because it fails to meet my expetations for a flightsim, it doesn't even reach the earlier IL2 titles so why just be quiet and pretend everything is okay? I am disappointed with BoS and see alot of wasted potential!

It all depends on the criticism itself, I did make fun of people saying that it is the most realistic sim ever and I will definitely keep doing so because that statement is absurd. Furthermore I did comment on the current FM and all of it's flaws which are undisputable to anyone who has some idea of the real performance data of the aircrafts involved. (Yes, I have also mentioned that other sims are closer to reality which again is undisputable)
If the BoS team would reconsider certain decisions they made and listen to feedback it could become a great sim but all they do is behave as forum dictators and banning people and locking their threads as soon as they see negative feedback.

With that in mind I find it wrong to just shup up and say nothing. Let them hear the disappointment of a large part of the sim community, maybe they will realize at last that their product is not what so many expected and hoped for!

Jaeger

Post by Jaeger » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:33 pm

It is not a bad sim, if syndicate host a server with objectives this might be very well spent time. I got a new bomber panel and in this regard I am not too pleased with the level bomber aiming.
Other than many obvious things I like it
ImageImageImageImage

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:47 pm