Bos is insane? see the link

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bunny

Re: Bos is insane? see the link

Post by Bunny » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:33 am

Flyby wrote:I'm for going where ever ACG is
In a nutshell, right there :geek:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Krass

Post by Krass » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Everything is perfect 8-) :lol:

“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:56 pm

:o :o :o :o Krass!! N o wonder I haven't seen you around here! Breathe, man! Breathe!! :lol: Glad you find the results perfect. It says you're having a fun time with it. I myself, seem not to be able to assign joystick switches to successfully control prop pitch in manual (in the 190-Anton). Taxiing this beast with auto-prop-pitch engaged takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm coming along with it. Just need to practice a bit more. Krass, you are an inspiration. ;)
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Krass

Post by Krass » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Hey Flyby. On the FW 190, in control settings, Engine controls, You need: 'propellers pitch control:maual/auto' (the defauilt key is right shift + P)

Then in Plane Controls: Assign 2 keyboard keys to the 'propellers high pitch' and 'porpellers low pitch' (I use Q and W keys).

Only the 109 has adjustable stabilizer on an axis at the moment. On the 190 you will need to assign 'Adjustable stabizer up' and 'Adjustable stabizer down' on seperate keys on your keyboard (I use + and - keys).

When taxing the 190, set prop pitch to manual, very important, then drop the pitch to about 11.30-11.45 on the dial. Use plenty of right rudder and pull the stick fully back. Increase throttle and use the left/right brakes only (keeping rudder right) to steer. When in position on runway, set pitch back to auto, stick fully back, increase the throttle and Antons your Uncle. Sounds a pain, but its actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it ;)

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Krass wrote:Hey Flyby. On the FW 190, in control settings, Engine controls, You need: 'propellers pitch control:maual/auto' (the defauilt key is right shift + P)

Then in Plane Controls: Assign 2 keyboard keys to the 'propellers high pitch' and 'porpellers low pitch' (I use Q and W keys).

Only the 109 has adjustable stabilizer on an axis at the moment. On the 190 you will need to assign 'Adjustable stabizer up' and 'Adjustable stabizer down' on seperate keys on your keyboard (I use + and - keys).

When taxing the 190, set prop pitch to manual, very important, then drop the pitch to about 11.30-11.45 on the dial. Use plenty of right rudder and pull the stick fully back. Increase throttle and use the left/right brakes only (keeping rudder right) to steer. When in position on runway, set pitch back to auto, stick fully back, increase the throttle and Antons your Uncle. Sounds a pain, but its actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it ;)
Krass, I've already been trying as you've suggested. There may be a bug somewhere because now i can't get my auto/manual pitch control working anymore. It worked before. I could see it move. But no more. I take-off a bit rough with pitch in auto, and I taxi only fair atm. I'll keep trying to work out setting the manual pitch controls to my joystick. It's paid for, after all! :lol: Great plane, the Anton. Almost there with it. Appreciate the tips though. Expand the BoS/ACG database.
Flyby out

Krass

Post by Krass » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Flyby, have you checked you dont have 'multiple actions assigned on one control' (The little orange box in the setting) Sometimes this can affect the original key you want to have assigned.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Krass wrote:Flyby, have you checked you dont have 'multiple actions assigned on one control' (The little orange box in the setting) Sometimes this can affect the original key you want to have assigned.
Yep. Sure did. Probably something simple (can't fool me 'cause I'm too stoopid! :P )
Flyby out

Krass

Post by Krass » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Maybe a fresh install of BoS? Seems odd, and I cant find anything on the forums to help.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Krass, I looked also. Even posted. Got a reply saying basically the same things you said, except to do a new install. I may go for that, but not if I don't have to. I'll try to come up with something else before I resign myself to a res-installation. That ought to take five minutes! :lol: Thanks for the assist.
Flyby out

Stig

Post by Stig » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:45 am

Hi Flyby,

I think the manual pitch selector is broken after the latest update. So no need to re-install, we'll just have to wait till it get's fixed again.