one of our own (Ape) has posted a mini-review of BoS

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

one of our own (Ape) has posted a mini-review of BoS

Post by Flyby » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Ape acknowledges the sim is incomplete at this time, and has factored that into this review. I'm sure each individual will see compare Ape's review to his own experience, as I also have done:

In this video Ape says he will present a full review once the simulation is complete.
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Azref

Re: one of our own (Ape) has posted a mini-review of BoS

Post by Azref » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Can I just thank Ape, that has to be one of the fairest reviews I have seen for BoS.
Well Done!
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Obermann

Post by Obermann » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Agreed, Azref.

It's a top notch and fair review in my opinion. It's always a pleasure to see a new video up from Ape.

Black

Post by Black » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:31 pm

Obermann wrote:Agreed, Azref.

It's a top notch and fair review in my opinion. It's always a pleasure to see a new video up from Ape.
the new videos on youtube yes, the others... :shock: :lol:

Krass

Post by Krass » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Great stuff from the Ape meister as usual. Fair and honest, with a welcome sprinkling of optimism for this much maligned sim. So tired of hearing all the negativity about this game. Yes we all know it has faults, but some of the comments around here lately just make me cringe. I always thought the flight sim community would be a tight knit and freindly bunch of adults, oh well.

At least Siggi seems to have found a new place to bitch on BoS..
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:05 am

Krass wrote:Great stuff from the Ape meister as usual. Fair and honest, with a welcome sprinkling of optimism for this much maligned sim. So tired of hearing all the negativity about this game. Yes we all know it has faults, but some of the comments around here lately just make me cringe. I always thought the flight sim community would be a tight knit and freindly bunch of adults, oh well.

At least Siggi seems to have found a new place to bitch on BoS..
Krass, I refuse to allow you to become bummed over negative press about BoS. As you say, it has it's faults. What Ape points out is that this incomplete effort is still enjoyable to to fly for some; faults, imperfections and all. So Krass, follow Ape's example and have some fun with BoS. Look for it. It's in there somewhere. :D
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Krass

Post by Krass » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:18 am

Flyby, you are so grounded, I sometimes wonder how you ever got in the air :lol:

Of course I still enjoy BoS, plenty still do though are not so vocal about it. You will often see pilots in multiplayer from 6 Staffel in the never ending fight against the Bolsheviks ;)

I guess after an 11 hour shift yesterday, it wasnt a good time fror me to discus the foibles of the human temperament 8-)

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:41 am

I haven't been very positive about this game since the SP Campaign which so far is a huge let down for me, I'd hoped this to be the part I would enjoy the most and as it stands it isn't for me at all, it all feels very arcade, I called it horrible in another thread and thats how I feel about it now.

However Krass & Flyby I like your attitude towards BOS and would like to approach it the same way you guys do - it would be great if we could get together online and do some MP together, I haven't had that experience on BOS (only lone-wolfed so far) and would like to give it a go, maybe I can find something in the game after all, I have paid for it so I would like to get some enjoyment from it and what better way than winging up with 5th Staffel guys :)

Krass

Post by Krass » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:24 am

Sounds a great idea Boyezee. I should have some time soon so we will have to arrange something, will speak to you on TS.

Btw, Jason posted this last night on the forum after Lofts mini tantrum yesterday. I love the irony of a modern east/west personal conflict going on in their office. 72 years later and its still a very cold front ;)

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/116 ... nts-today/

Robo

Post by Robo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:31 am

We'll see how it goes when the game is finished and released. If I don't like it I don't fly it, I don't see any point in bashing the devs for making choices I personally don't like that much. I watched that video out of curiosity, Ape talks exactly about the light feel of all airplanes I didn't quite like. That's a big deal for myself + some others FM issues. I don't agree with the patch user-friendliness comparison between CloD and BoS - CloD is no longer supported officially hence the manual patches (mods) by 3rd party group.

When he talks about balance between game and simulator and balance between VVS and LW, that's exactly when it all becomes rather uninteresting for me. :lol:

As for Jason's comment - that's bullshit, Loft is not being an asshole because he's an Easterner, he's being an asshole simply because he's an asshole sometimes. I am from Eastern Bloc as you know, and this is just poor excuse for silly comments by people who should be professionals.