During our off time, flying this now.

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jaeger

Re: During our off time, flying this now.

Post by Jaeger » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:59 pm

I find it entertaining and fun. I would recommend the non GPS servers because it is less FPS ish. Wings of liberty is a GPS server. always populated and fast fun server with a hint of frustration, but good missions. DED server is more serious server with limited planes and supply trips to keep your plane hangar filled. Latest changes of codes and patches , has brought irritating ctd and this is frustrating.
I fly under the nick LuseKofte, I fly bombers mostly . would like to see more serious pilots flying BOS
ImageImageImageImage

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:47 am

As would I. I think that if they made the cockpits clickable it would be insanely good. They already animate all the start up proceedures, so I don't why they don't. I feel like the planes bob around a bit too much especially when there is any level of turbulance, but maybe I am too used to cliffs. I would like to see where they go with it after Battle of Moscow is out.

Jaeger

Post by Jaeger » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:45 am

First thing you have to do is not comparing it to COD. Personally I got a couple of panels making the clickable cockpits less useful. The main difference in COD is really not too far away.
If you fly the planes in a historical manner , the FM is ok and there is many old friends from COD making the community better.
I miss mostly the more complex management of engines, the parameters and consequences seems much more complex in COD, and my favorite thing with COD is crash landing, In no simulator have there ever been such a detailed and beautiful visual damage model than in COD.
But I love the effects and feel of flight in BOS. These two simulators are good for each other , little fed up with one , fly the other
ImageImageImageImage

Bones

Post by Bones » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:31 pm

I Just got BoS working again. So far I've been mainly just testing out PWCG and really enjoying it. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go.
Last edited by Bones on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Post by Secu » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:14 pm

I started play it again 2 weeks ago now. Just for have a change without complicate the things with BMS or DCS.
Mainly on Wings of liberty, because it's a fast play/fight server. I would like to fly russian, but alone the easier way is to use the 109 F4.
The game is beautifull, and I can't juge the FM quality, only the 190 dispointed me, poor climb rate and maneuverability.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:30 am

Secu wrote: only the 190 dispointed me, poor climb rate and maneuverability.
The 190's climb rate is going to be addressed in the next patch I believe, but if you're flying the 190 for maneuverability, your princess is in another castle.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:05 am

LuftAsher wrote:
Secu wrote: only the 190 dispointed me, poor climb rate and maneuverability.
The 190's climb rate is going to be addressed in the next patch I believe, but if you're flying the 190 for maneuverability, your princess is in another castle.

says it all really

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Post by Secu » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:35 am

if you're flying the 190 for maneuverability, your princess is in another castle.
I agree of course, it's because I never seriously flown german planes in a sim. BZ is a new way for me, except with the Spad in ROF.
The 190's climb rate is going to be addressed
I read that and its stall speed in turn will be decreased a litte le bit.