Buy our next theatre or else!

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dots

Re: Buy our next theatre or else!

Post by Dots » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Larry wrote:I`m not a big fan of BOS, but this one.... Wouw, is not bad. :hi:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/250 ... ment-plan/
Holy fuck. It's like a top ten list of my "do not give a single fuck" theaters.
From Russia to...the pacific???????????
Oh fuck off Jason. I'm done, again. All that hope I had that he would do right dashed to pieces.
Seems like he got everything right just as I was hoping, then lit it on fire with the theatre announcements.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Build the technology and features the community wants to see in our products and try to re-capture some of the magic that made the original Sturmovik so much fun. We call it the “Spirit of ‘46”.
Hmmmmmm.

If you actually mean what you say there Jason there might be hope yet. The Pacific announcement is encouraging though. Been fucking too long since we've had a Pacific theater worth flying in.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Don't hate it but don't like what happened. I feel they had a hand in COD being canned and also took the ROF engine with limits instead of the advanced COD one. Then they focused exclusively on Russia and regardless of FM ability they bias the Russian AC for that market. Then sold out on the 'grind' XP Warthunder market. In the early days we said we needed MMO but pleas were dismissed by Jason, I told him at the time we had 100 pilots would could move. The engine can't hack it that's why they gripped the dedicated servers and controlled missions.

Dots

Post by Dots » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:53 am

Dave wrote:
Build the technology and features the community wants to see in our products and try to re-capture some of the magic that made the original Sturmovik so much fun. We call it the “Spirit of ‘46”.
Hmmmmmm.

If you actually mean what you say there Jason there might be hope yet. The Pacific announcement is encouraging though. Been fucking too long since we've had a Pacific theater worth flying in.
The pacific theatre was never worth simulating in the first place.

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:00 am

Speak for yourself man. CFS2 in the Pacific is practically what got me into flight sim in the first place. I'm fucking tired of the english channel. TF and DCS have that theater already covered anyway.

Dots

Post by Dots » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:04 am

Dave wrote:Speak for yourself man. CFS2 in the Pacific is practically what got me into flight sim in the first place. I'm fucking tired of the english channel. TF and DCS have that theater already covered anyway.
Yep lots to love.
Look there's water!!!! Lots and lots of water! Endless water...? WTF man is there anything but water?
Oh look Japanese fighters! Don't look to hard or they'll explod...ah shit they're burning.
Soooooooo.......lets fly back over all that water to our little boat. Yay pacific theatre.

Spanish civil war, Baltic front over Finland, anything but the pacific.
I'm just shocked. I was hoping for good under Jason. Big let down.

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:05 am

Well you just fucking reek of positivity don't you Dots.

Dots

Post by Dots » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:09 am

Typically yes!
But this is just face palmingly bad. Astonishingly bad decision.
Let's just say it's right up there with Darius sending his forces to Marathon.

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:51 am

For a Midway campaign, I agree it would be a lot of water and the 2 little islands, which is why I hope they would put a little more thought into where the campaigns would be. Rabaul and the Solomon's campaign would be perfect. Rabaul was the largest Japanese naval base in the south Pacific and the main staging area of IJA land based aircraft. Burma, and Guadalcanal would work well, too IMO.

Kondor

Post by Kondor » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:09 am

What I find interesting is the following:
- Scripted Campaign game mode with first Campaign of 15 missions. Community can add their own scripted Campaigns later.(...)
- Mods On/Off Mode (As open as possible including sounds and textures)
Would it be an opening for modmakers and their magnificent work? I sure hope so.
The announced list of aircraft is also quite impressive. It will be great to fly P-39 again. And, hopefully, they will look upon DCS' Dora and make the Fw-190 properly this time..
Meanwhile, being an Eastern European peasant, I will buy the BoK, if only for the map, hopefully including at least part of Crimea. Quite nice landscapes there.
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6