Staff

BoS VR

Post by Donkey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Holy balls it's amazing!

Darky

Re: BoS VR

Post by Darky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:26 pm

is it easy to locate your controls???

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Well you have to go through the usual ball-ache of mapping everything to your hotas, but once that is done it's fine. Resolution is a little on the low side in the hmd, but you do really feel like you're flying over Russia. Seems less demanding that DCS, I'm getting less frame stutter.

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:47 pm

I think I'm going to have to bite the £499 bullet...
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 pm

BoS cant handle ACG numbers

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Sprite wrote:BoS cant handle ACG numbers

... I know. Everyone knows. What has that got to do with it now being in VR and looking amaziing?

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Donkey wrote:
Sprite wrote:BoS cant handle ACG numbers

... I know. Everyone knows. What has that got to do with it now being in VR and looking amaziing?
Not going to try and derail the thread here, but Sprite's not bringing it up because he thinks it's pertinent to the discussion of BoS' VR support.

Darky

Post by Darky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:42 pm

I can feel another system upgrade coming on as my cpu is not big enough all the rest of it will work fine i checked
https://ocul.us/compat-tool
plus a usb card as all my ports are plugged.
But when i did the Steam test it says i can run it http://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/
confusing but i want one now

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:43 pm

:nice:

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 pm

What CPU are you running Darky? My CPU fails the Vive test, becasue it's an Intel 3 series so it's old. It is, however, a 3930K hexacore beast which I've not had to upgrade in ages because it's plenty fucking powerful. According to CPUBenchmark.net there are only 16 processors in the world that score higher (if you ingnore Xeons). And if you ignore the silly money Intel extremes, there's only 12 faster - of which only 7 are more than 10% faster. So my point being the way the test works (bluntly) is to say "is the CPU less than 2(?) years old and is it on my list? If so pass, if not fail." But if you look your CPU up on CPUBenchmark.net and get an idea of how fast it is relative to mine (which works fine in VR) that may give you a better idea.

D