Competing Squads

Mother Russia invaded by ACG

Moderator: Shadepiece

Wordy
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Competing Squads

Post by Wordy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:06 pm

I don't give a rats-ass about personal stats but I do care about the success of my squad . . . and there's the rub.

So far my contribution as a fighter pilot has been negligible. At best I've been able to serve as a sacrificial target--something like a canary in a coal mine. At worst I've been a hazard to fly with and those that do risk being mistaken for the enemy. Apparently vision is an early casualty of old age.

That being said I'm currently experiencing much joy flying ground attack sorties in BoS. They seem to require as much strategy and planning as tactical skills. The strategy is in attempting to take out a ground target that's often protected by at least one enemy player. I'm actually getting pretty good at it.

Rather than scream for air cover I like to fly in low, through mountain valleys or from the rear or side in a flanking idea and take out targets through multiple sorties. I've even stayed alive through entire missions doing that.

I'd like to stay with the friends I've made in ACG and especially the group of crazies I've taken up with known as 7 Staffel -- but I want to bomb shit. Ground attack is more appealing probably because stuff on the ground is easier for me to see and doesn't move.

So I was wondering what it would be like to fly with a small group/squad/flight that was made up of both bombers and fighters tasked with completing a given mission. I'm imagining integrated units that compete for glory against other teams within each of the two opposing factions.

Just putting my tuppence in.

Shadepiece
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
ACG Staff

Re: Competing Squads

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 pm

Well Wordy it's been a pleasure to fly with you, and to see you really come into your own in BoX specifically. If you are referring to the ACG/JG26 squads on either WoL or TAW your are 100% welcome to join. In either case bombers are needed, and absolutely far more effective at controlling the battlefield. I encourage folks who want to bomb stuff join our squad to help us win the Mission, map, or war.

In regards to ACG's early tests with BoX it appears that there will be quite a lot of interest in bombing or ground attack in general. The BoX project team knows this, and will be developing event and content accordingly.

Wordy
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Wordy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Shadepiece wrote:Well Wordy it's been a pleasure to fly with you, and to see you really come into your own in BoX specifically. If you are referring to the ACG/JG26 squads on either WoL or TAW your are 100% welcome to join. In either case bombers are needed, and absolutely far more effective at controlling the battlefield. I encourage folks who want to bomb stuff join our squad to help us win the Mission, map, or war.

In regards to ACG's early tests with BoX it appears that there will be quite a lot of interest in bombing or ground attack in general. The BoX project team knows this, and will be developing event and content accordingly.
I truly appreciate the forbearance my staffel-mates have shown me. You in particular, Shade, being as you're the only human pilot I ever shot down during the BoB campaign. That defines my ACG career in a pretty hilarious way, don'tcha think? However, I feel no guilt or shame. I'm ok with being an incompetent dogfighter. It's just not as fun to do something when you suck at it.

I never heard of TAW but I can see getting bored with WoL fairly quickly. ACG appears to be in an evolutionary phase right now. I'm interested to see where we go from here.

Smokejumper
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Post by Smokejumper » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Oh well buddy you are on for a treat...... We NEEEEEEED you in TAW flying those bombers.

Shadepiece
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
ACG Staff

Post by Shadepiece » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:42 pm

That sweet sweet 88 will be calling your name haha! TAW is incredible fun for bombing. You have to join us.