New TAW campaign: Why play it?

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kai Lae

New TAW campaign: Why play it?

Post by Kai Lae » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:52 am

So the new TAW campaign is live. We have a TAW FAQ you can find here http://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =54&t=8984. We have a sign up sheet you can find here http://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =54&t=9187. The TAW planeset has been posted here http://taw-server.de/img/forum/planeset_taw12.jpg.

However, no one's bothered to explain something important: Why should you play? Well that of course is up to you, but if you'll allow me to say why I think we would love to have you with us for the upcoming campaign:

A. You like large scale campaign type fighting. I'll just make that assumption because otherwise you being an ACG member doesn't make much sense otherwise. TAW is a large scale, dynamic campaign which can last weeks, so this is up your alley.

B. You want to expand your knowledge of the game. Most people buy BoX for one, or possibly several aircraft to mainly fly and perhaps don't even use many of the others very much or at all. TAW will force you to use really everything you have. It is ironically the best way to learn the game overall that I know and will make you a better pilot. Also, you'll probably find that you enjoy a plane or aspect you hadn't really tried much before. Hey, you paid for all that stuff, why not learn how to use it?

C. You want to fly with other ACG pilots that you normally wouldn't get a chance to interact with much.

D. You would enjoy playing in a very cool game experience.

I'm hoping that many of you that can play will choose to do so, as the idea is that at no time does anyone of us have to play alone. If we get enough people, this shouldn't be necessary. I hope to see your name in the registration thread, and in the skies, soon :hi: .

Smokejumper

Re: New TAW campaign: Why play it?

Post by Smokejumper » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 am

C: is a surprising bit of fun. I've never gotten to play with such a variety of ACG members. It's been great having a laugh with people if only spoken to in the forum or shot at or gotten shot by.

It's been awesome.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm

D: you enjoy getting hopelessly lost over the featureless landscape of the Russian Steppe.
More vodka Comrade!

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:51 pm

That quickly happens less as you familiarize yourself with the terrain..

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Ah, the endless Steppe... A pit of delightful navigational despair. In all seriousness though, I actually love the navigational challenge. Eventually you will learn the map. The rivers act almost like coastlines eventually.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Oh, I have no problem now but it is often a complaint for the non-GPS servers.
More vodka Comrade!

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Oh I KNOW you can navigate, Lunch you reliable beast! Forr everyone else though, this game will drastically improve your map reading skills, and will improve you overall piloting ability.

Trystan

Post by Trystan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Shadepiece wrote:Ah, the endless Steppe... A pit of delightful navigational despair. In all seriousness though, I actually love the navigational challenge. Eventually you will learn the map. The rivers act almost like coastlines eventually.
The odd part is I get lost much less over the Steppes than I do flying over England :shock:

I was talking it over with Gromic and some other squadron mates the other day when we were flying BoS. I think it's because the real-life flying I do is in the USA great plains which is very similar terrain. I think it's just familiar to me and I unconsciously know how to decode the terrain features. Which I consider a testament to how realistic the map is.

:salute:
Trystan
ASUS Z97 / Intel i7-4790K@4.2 GHz / 64 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB / WINDOWS 10 64-bit / 3 x 27" Monitors / Oculus Rift / Thrustmaster 16000m / Thrustmaster FCS Throttle Quadrant / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:41 am

Trystan wrote:
Shadepiece wrote:Ah, the endless Steppe... A pit of delightful navigational despair. In all seriousness though, I actually love the navigational challenge. Eventually you will learn the map. The rivers act almost like coastlines eventually.
The odd part is I get lost much less over the Steppes than I do flying over England :shock:

I was talking it over with Gromic and some other squadron mates the other day when we were flying BoS. I think it's because the real-life flying I do is in the USA great plains which is very similar terrain. I think it's just familiar to me and I unconsciously know how to decode the terrain features. Which I consider a testament to how realistic the map is.

:salute:
Trystan
Awesome!! That's some really cool insight.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:13 pm

The new TAW campaign has started, and I have created the ACG_RED squad. If anyone would like to join in on the Ru side of the campaign let me know.