Chubby activated.

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Onebad

Re: Chubby activated.

Post by Onebad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:15 pm

It's almost like if Nitrous had different opinions depending on whether he's been drinking or not.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Or maybe he was wowed by his first go on the Kuban map after the patch, but with more time has come to realise that it's all still a bit shallow..? Opinions can go down as well as up, after all.
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Wiggy

Post by Wiggy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:05 am

I think you nailed it Broadsword

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 am

At the end of the day it's a game, and all games are shallow, it's what you make of them that counts. I've been playing il2 of different versions since they came out, in 2001, 17 bloody years, and apart from dallying with a few other games over the years it's the one I keep coming back to. I think 1cgs call BoX 'the spirit of '46' ( :roll: ) and to me that's a pretty accurate description.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 am

Broadsword wrote:Opinions can go down as well as up, after all.
Or maybe it was just his 'interest rate' :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:22 pm

I think BoX is great. Flight models will always be discussed, but very few of the people who voice their opinions have much stick time in Yaks and 109s as far as I know. It looks fantastic, sounds good enough, it is intuitive (don't know about the mission builder- heard it is a pain though) and it just works. Suddenly releasing many planes with few bugs is sign of poor quality.. Go figure.

Each to their own, but I think that BoX brings at least as much enjoyment, if not more, than the other WW2 offers currently out there- and it is constantly upgraded, the developers are transparent and informative and it stands on the verge of the biggest ptach/upgdrade it ever had. Of course, still missing the Western front is the biggest drawback for me, but then again, Bodenplatte will fix that.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:26 pm

FM debates can be boiled down to a single position:

"The aircraft in question doesn't handle the way I think it should and/or have read a couple accounts of therefore it is shit. By extension the game is also shit and should not be supported by any true sim fan."
More vodka Comrade!

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 pm

BOX has a tendency for progress. After Bodenplate, Pacific Theater is expected.
Of course, the BOX is not perfect, but I think there will be some improvement.
:praise: :salute: :B:
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Von Archie wrote:At the end of the day it's a game, and all games are shallow, it's what you make of them that counts. I've been playing il2 of different versions since they came out, in 2001, 17 bloody years, and apart from dallying with a few other games over the years it's the one I keep coming back to. I think 1cgs call BoX 'the spirit of '46' ( :roll: ) and to me that's a pretty accurate description.
That game has nothing to do with il2 except the name they got. Regarding DM, are you aware that damage on the control surfaces is only drawn but has no impact on FM? The devs are lying to their customers that damage is registered by FM. Even in old il2 that was counted, in BoX only when you get a few hits in a hitbox and a particular control surface falls off completely then it's counted by FM. Not to mention Cliffs where a slightest damage has an impact on FM.

"At the maximum speed, the stick was pulled to the limit. At the end of the clip, the altitude graphs for cases of whole and damaged aircraft. The difference in the reaction of the aircraft is not observed. The effects of damage to the control surfaces have no impact on the maneuvering characteristics of the aircraft ."

This applies to all planes.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:27 pm

:blah: :blah: :blah: :suicide:
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift