Online Friendly Fire ?

Mother Russia invaded by ACG

Moderator: Shadepiece

Meaker

Online Friendly Fire ?

Post by Meaker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm

I love BoX and online play is great.......however,I am alarmed at the amount of friendly fire on all servers,I have been shot down three times by friendly fire over the past week,flying a Ju88,how the bloody hell can guys misinterpret the shape of a Ju88 ?.......I'm not impressed with some guys aircraft recognition at all :wank:

....And it's not just me,friendly fire is happening all the time online,it's one issue of BoX that needs to be addressed,just look at the online,onscreen messages,and you'll soon see what I'm talking about.

In short,if your not sure....DON'T FIRE !!
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Wozaworld
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Contributor

Re: Online Friendly Fire ?

Post by Wozaworld » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Unfortunately... it is all down to the caliber of the players - If our ACG BoX events are anything to go by, I don't think we had a single instance of blue on blue?

BoX servers (especially WOL) is full of "game" pilots rather than serious enthusiasts
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 4790k o/c 4.7ghz Water cooled, 32gb veng pro 2400mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Shadepiece
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
ACG Staff

Post by Shadepiece » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Meaks! Feel free to join us tomorrow, and see for yourself.

Von Archie
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by Von Archie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:26 pm

This is public servers in every game ever. The only server I fly in BoX is TAW, where friendly fire will earn you a 3 day ban.
Not seen any incidents in the BoX missions we're running here.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

HotLunch
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by HotLunch » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 am

There were a couple trolls lately in Wings of Liberty who were explicitly TKing as well. I haven't encountered them though.

Kai Lae
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Kai Lae » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:54 am

Wings of liberty is commonly called wings of potato or wings of derpity for a reason.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Shadepiece wrote:Meaks! Feel free to join us tomorrow, and see for yourself.
Sorry Shadepiece that I haven't replied sooner to your invite,I've only just seen your message old chap.....much appreciated,and I will get involved with you all as soon as I can,rest assured :D
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !