Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: IL-2 BoX Buyers Guide and FAQ

Post by Gromic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Bonkin wrote:
Gromic wrote:Bonkin, do you have a button mapped to center TIR in TIR itself? Stupid question but I had to ask.
Yes. F12.
And this has worked in other planes previously? F12 is the default BoX key for "Camera operator: friendly".

See default Keymaps here, curtosy of Arfsix in the IL2 forums:
IL STURMOVIK BoM BoS Default Command Listing.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Bonkin wrote:I'm struggling with my control settings... mostly pilots head position. I thought I'd take the I-16 for a quick spin but my pilots head is way out of the left side of the cockpit and I can't see any of the instruments. TrackIR works but I just can't get my head at the proper position, e.g. looking through the gunsight.

The problem is compounded by the fact that I can't Alt-Tab to desktop to make any adjustments to TrackIR... I have to exit the game first. Any clues?
i would aslo recomend trying this disable trackir open the game up get into the cock pit then use the

home, ins, del, end, keys to move your vision i belive del and end are left and right center your vision like that then push F10 which will save that view point

then anytime your view jams you can simply push the bos center key and it will return to that point
Last edited by Kildren on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
As for your problem, Joker:

It's important to bear in mind that we're looking at doing Barbarossa later on in the year. July/August was the estimate IIRC. In the meantime BoS should be perfectly adequate for the events that we'll be running between now and then as we learn to use the platform and help others learn to fly it, and you've got several months to save the money for BoM if you need to (though it can be had for 50% off at the time of writing).

If you just want to get BoM and not have to think about it until we actually switch, you might consider asking for a refund and then getting BoM instead, but I don't know if 1C will allow this. You should be able to do it if you purchased on Steam, not sure about 1C's site itself though.
We haven't even sorted out what aircraft types we will be running in campaign yet, owning BoS should be enough to take part in the campaign in my view - for this to work we need to be open minded about the plane sets we have in our membership.

I shouldn't worry Jailor, we will find a way to ensure it works for everyone, for those that have it already or can get BoM in the sale great, but for others just running BoS I'm sure we will figure something out.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Bonkin wrote:
This discussion at the BoX forum might help: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/20 ... ing-users/
More vodka Comrade!

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Boyezee wrote:
LuftAsher wrote:
As for your problem, Joker:

It's important to bear in mind that we're looking at doing Barbarossa later on in the year. July/August was the estimate IIRC. In the meantime BoS should be perfectly adequate for the events that we'll be running between now and then as we learn to use the platform and help others learn to fly it, and you've got several months to save the money for BoM if you need to (though it can be had for 50% off at the time of writing).

If you just want to get BoM and not have to think about it until we actually switch, you might consider asking for a refund and then getting BoM instead, but I don't know if 1C will allow this. You should be able to do it if you purchased on Steam, not sure about 1C's site itself though.
We haven't even sorted out what aircraft types we will be running in campaign yet, owning BoS should be enough to take part in the campaign in my view - for this to work we need to be open minded about the plane sets we have in our membership.

I shouldn't worry Jailor, we will find a way to ensure it works for everyone, for those that have it already or can get BoM in the sale great, but for others just running BoS I'm sure we will figure something out.
Lagg-3, Yak-1s, Il-2s Pe-2s that you get in BoS can be flown on BoM maps online, only for fighters online servers make it mandatory to have rockets so it simulates early models that flew over Moscow with more drag and reduced speeds, so for Red side its realy no problem, and on axis you can fly Ju87 and He-111 and even F4, but if hes talking about your online server then it all depends if you guys will build it so all can play or only BoM , in BoX you will lose a lot if you go for full historical as you just dont have liberty of many models for each period.

Zyk

Post by Zyk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:57 pm

so, if i buy BOM on this site....https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/....is it a disc, or a download? and i want to make sure i can play campaign, that is the whole point.....i know nothing about different 'maps' and such.....

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Zyk wrote:so, if i buy BOM on this site....https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/....is it a disc, or a download? and i want to make sure i can play campaign, that is the whole point.....i know nothing about different 'maps' and such.....
It'll be a download.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:03 pm

It's a download.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Miki

Post by Miki » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Bonkin wrote:
Gromic wrote:Bonkin, do you have a button mapped to center TIR in TIR itself? Stupid question but I had to ask.
Yes. F12.
Bonks, F10 will let you save your head position.
So move with your TrackIr until you get the position you want, then hit F10, and it should be ok.
Or use keyboard to move your head position and F10.

Digby

Post by Digby » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Shadepiece wrote:Upon full release it should be coming to steam. If you have BoS for steam you can then purchase modules from the official shop and add them to your collection. They will be available when you open the game through steam.
Thank you :B: