IL-2 BoX Buyers Guide and FAQ

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

StG77_CountZero

Re: IL-2 BoX Buyers Guide and FAQ

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:14 am

If you dont have game and you wont to buy it over steam it doesent alow you to buy BoM or BoK if you dont have BoS on steam, so if you dont have game and you wont to buy it on steam you first have to buy BoS to be alowed to buy rest, its stupid but thats how it is.

So if you dont have to buy this game on steam, and you just need to have BoM for start without geting BoS first, you can buy it over Il-2 forum https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/

Also Premium BoM version can not be buyed over steam, you have to buy it on their forum only, https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26 ... /?p=424997

Ripgrunwald wonted to buy it over steam yesterday and we realised that its not posible, they had only standard.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:59 am

I wouldn't bother with the steam version unless you already have BoS on Steam.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Digby

Post by Digby » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Will Kuban be coming over to steam eventually? :salute:

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Upon full release it should be coming to steam. If you have BoS for steam you can then purchase modules from the official shop and add them to your collection. They will be available when you open the game through steam.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm struggling with my control settings... mostly pilots head position. I thought I'd take the I-16 for a quick spin but my pilots head is way out of the left side of the cockpit and I can't see any of the instruments. TrackIR works but I just can't get my head at the proper position, e.g. looking through the gunsight.

The problem is compounded by the fact that I can't Alt-Tab to desktop to make any adjustments to TrackIR... I have to exit the game first. Any clues?

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Bonkin, do you have a button mapped to center TIR in TIR itself? Stupid question but I had to ask.
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Gromic wrote:Bonkin, do you have a button mapped to center TIR in TIR itself? Stupid question but I had to ask.
Yes. F12.

Jailor

Post by Jailor » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Jammy wrote:Just to be clear, in order to play Barbarossa will I need to own BoM or will BoS suffice?
BoM is what you want for Barbarossa.
So after buying BOS recently after advice from ACG members it appears I now have to buy BOM to play ACG missions for Barbarossa.
Is there a work around or am I stuffed? :suicide:

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Jailor wrote:
LuftAsher wrote:
Jammy wrote:Just to be clear, in order to play Barbarossa will I need to own BoM or will BoS suffice?
BoM is what you want for Barbarossa.
So after buying BOS recently after advice from ACG members it appears I now have to buy BOM to play ACG missions for Barbarossa.
Nope. Buying BoM will only give you additional aircraft (Mig 3, Bf109 E-7 & F2, Bf 110 E-2, i16 Type 24, etc) you can still fly Barbarossa with just BoS :salute:
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Wozaworld wrote:
Jailor wrote: So after buying BOS recently after advice from ACG members it appears I now have to buy BOM to play ACG missions for Barbarossa.
Nope. Buying BoM will only give you additional aircraft (Mig 3, Bf109 E-7 & F2, Bf 110 E-2, i16 Type 24, etc) you can still fly Barbarossa with just BoS :salute:
I don't know if that's correct, Woza. For the Barbarossa campaign which I believe Jailor is referring to, it's very likely that BoM will be the primary planeset we use for it.

As for your problem, Jailor:

It's important to bear in mind that we're looking at doing Barbarossa later on in the year. July/August was the estimate IIRC. In the meantime BoS should be perfectly adequate for the events that we'll be running between now and then as we learn to use the platform and help others learn to fly it, and you've got several months to save the money for BoM if you need to (though it can be had for 50% off at the time of writing).

If you just want to get BoM and not have to think about it until we actually switch, you might consider asking for a refund and then getting BoM instead, but I don't know if 1C will allow this. You should be able to do it if you purchased on Steam, not sure about 1C's site itself though.