Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: IL-2 BoX Buyers Guide and FAQ

Post by Gromic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:42 pm

HotLunch wrote:
Bonkin wrote:
This discussion at the BoX forum might help: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/20 ... ing-users/
Ha, I've forgotten all about this since RoF. Thx.
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Jailor

Post by Jailor » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:40 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Wozaworld wrote:
Jailor wrote: So after buying BOS recently after advice from ACG members it appears I now have to buy BOM to play ACG missions for Barbarossa.
Is there a work around or am I stuffed? :suicide:
Nope. Buying BoM will only give you additional aircraft (Mig 3, Bf109 E-7 & F2, Bf 110 E-2, i16 Type 24, etc) you can still fly Barbarossa with just BoS :salute:
I don't know if that's correct, Woza. For the Barbarossa campaign which I believe Joker is referring to, it's very likely that BoM will be the primary planeset we use for it.

As for your problem, Joker:

It's important to bear in mind that we're looking at doing Barbarossa later on in the year. July/August was the estimate IIRC. In the meantime BoS should be perfectly adequate for the events that we'll be running between now and then as we learn to use the platform and help others learn to fly it, and you've got several months to save the money for BoM if you need to (though it can be had for 50% off at the time of writing).

If you just want to get BoM and not have to think about it until we actually switch, you might consider asking for a refund and then getting BoM instead, but I don't know if 1C will allow this. You should be able to do it if you purchased on Steam, not sure about 1C's site itself though.
Who's Joker? Lol. Bought direct not steam.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Thanks for you help all. Sorted it out... and have a lot of fun this evening on the BoX ACG Server with Miki, Secu and Jammy.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:05 am

Remember that BoM only works as a standalone if purchased from the website. BoS is needed to have if purchased from Steam.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:10 am

Jailor wrote:Who's Joker? Lol. Bought direct not steam.
Dude, I don't even know :suicide:

Jailor

Post by Jailor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:37 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Jailor wrote:Who's Joker? Lol. Bought direct not steam.
Dude, I don't even know :suicide:
I am in your neck of the woods for three weeks in March so look out for the old guy in a ACG 610 T shirt :lux:

Jailor

Post by Jailor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Onebad wrote:Remember that BoM only works as a standalone if purchased from the website. BoS is needed to have if purchased from Steam.
Now really confused (old guy moment) I have BOS bought direct from website as it was a better price at the time than steam.
I play through VR steam, Will I be able to fly with ACG when we move to new format? :hi:

Rich

Post by Rich » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Whether you have bought it through steam or not will not make any difference.

Having bought BOS you will be able to join the campaign. If you buy Battle of Moscow you will have more of the planes that we will be using for the first campaign. See the first post.

If you need to (for vr?) You can register the game on steam even though you bought it elsewhere anyway.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Jailor wrote:
Onebad wrote:Remember that BoM only works as a standalone if purchased from the website. BoS is needed to have if purchased from Steam.
Now really confused (old guy moment) I have BOS bought direct from website as it was a better price at the time than steam.
I play through VR steam, Will I be able to fly with ACG when we move to new format? :hi:

Yes. I have the website version. Steam VR is just a wrapper that is used to run the headset (consider it like a driver), and will be started by BoS automatically. So no worries! ;)

Zyk

Post by Zyk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:52 pm

so, i want to buy BOM. i guess i want to buy direct, not from steam. just to be clear, this is the site?...... https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/ and does this site have anything to do with steam?

this is where i get my first problem. it asks for email and password. owning CLOD, do i already have that? or is that something new, that i have to register? i bought the disc for CLOD. i don't know if it matters where i bought it, or if the sites are somehow connected.