BOX Spring Sale!!!

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kai Lae

Re: BOX Spring Sale!!!

Post by Kai Lae » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Von Archie wrote:
BlackDog wrote: if 'others' have bought BoS do they have to buy BoM to take part in the campaign? if 'they' so chose.... :shock:
BD
Yes, because the battle for Moscow was before Stalingrad so we are starting off with that in the same way that the battle of France was before the battle of Britain.
Buy Moscow first, but at this price people might as well pick up Stalingrad too, I've never seen it cheaper.

At some point you’ll need it anyway I’d say.

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Ratty wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find a definitive answer.

I bought BoS Premium on pre-order so currently have the non-steam version. I'd quite like it on steam though (despite it being £3 more expensive in the steam $ale). Is this possible? If I buy BoM on steam can I then just log in with my IL2 account in-game and get my BoS content too?

TIA
Ah nevermind, found my answer - BoM is listed as DLC on steam so you need BoS on steam too.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Coopes wrote:

I thought long and hard about this for months and it boils down to this. I never joined ACG for the sim, i joined for what ACG offers me. :lecture:
Exactly this.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:37 pm

Coopes wrote:I thought long and hard about this for months and it boils down to this. I never joined ACG for the sim, i joined for what ACG offers me. :lecture:

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Coopes wrote:
BD i am consistent though. I also think Cliffs is a piece of shit aswell. :lol:

I thought long and hard about this for months and it boils down to this. I never joined ACG for the sim, i joined for what ACG offers me. :lecture:
:nice: I know mate, I am yankin ya chain!

:D
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Ros

Post by Ros » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:30 pm

I was wondering about the "collector planes". Will any of these be needed for an ACG campaign? If they would be, which ones should I look at?
Cheers!

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Possibly the P40 and MC202? The Italians saw brief action during the opening of Operation Barbarossa and the P40's started getting used in sorties around October/November-ish. Whether there will be a squadron for either plane is unknown however.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:59 am

202 was not operational until Stalingrad, in very limited numbers. There was a P-40 squadron.

Angry Budgie

Post by Angry Budgie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:50 am

Stalingrad ordinary or deluxe???
“The weather was our biggest enemy. We didn’t have radio contact with the ground and there were a couple of times when I thought I’d lost one of my nine lives.” Joy Lofthouse, Air Transport Auxiliary.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:53 am

Angry Budgie wrote:Stalingrad ordinary or deluxe???
Moscow first Stalingrad 2nd as for which standard or premium edition just get standard for now unless you want to fly one of the premium planes

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union