Minimap and Zoom problem

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jammy

Minimap and Zoom problem

Post by Jammy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:47 am

1: I have not been able to find a way to minimize my map. This is especially critical to me as my Squadron will be flying I-16's which has no trim. Is there a way to make the map smaller so it doesn't invade my entire screen?

2: I'm also unable to use instant zoom. Unsure if the game allows it but I find the instant zoom feature in Cliffs to be more useful. Is it possible to have instant zoom without editing files?

Thankyou for your time
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Vanguard

Re: Minimap and Zoom problem

Post by Vanguard » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:09 am

1: Unfortunately, there is only glorious full screen map of Mother Russia or nothing.

2: The closest I've found to instant zoom is by using 'Pilot head: zoom in' and 'Pilot head: reset zoom' to go back to default FoV. However, it isn't a pure immediate zoom so if you don't hold it for long enough, it does stop at one of the intermediate levels.
I use it at about the seven second mark;

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

Falcon

Re: Minimap and Zoom problem

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 am

In case you have a tablet/ laptop or any of that sort at hand you can try something like https://il2missionplanner.com. There's also two or three other versions doing basically the same. FOr android at least theres also this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .il2bosmap.

I know that's not in game solutions but irl you'd also have printed maps to plot flightplans in ;)
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong