ACG Public Server and 3.005

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Goat

ACG Public Server and 3.005

Post by Goat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 pm

The recent client update for the dServer has made the mission file for the ACG Public Server inoperable. I tried to load the mission several times today with no success. I was able to get the most recent test mission to load from a couple of weeks ago when the 80 player test was run.

Can someone from the mission building team please look into this and provide a refreshed version of the pub server mission?

Also, if you’re having events on this server, please check to make sure that the server is up and you can log in prior to your event beginning. I am flexible and can restart the server most of the time, but please be mindful that I am in the United States time zones and am likely to be remoting into the machine from work to help you.

Thanks.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: ACG Public Server and 3.005

Post by Gromic » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Goat,

Thanks again for your efforts on getting the server running. I really appreciate your pulling levers and throwing switches after I rang your bell in Whatsapp because the chaps couldn't join.

Wednesdays are our training nights (IAP27). At no time was it a life or death situation and the chaps could have just as well found another server to get shot down on. Thanks again for all you've done. You have our highest respect.

Kind regards,

Gromic
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Just a heads up, I've taken down the server for now. The only mission that can load is a password protected test mission, so there's no sense wasting electricity on something that won't be used by anyone.

Mission Builders: Please let me know a timeline of when we can get a new file. Azref has found a thread with a potential fix.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37 ... ent=642671

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:00 pm

Cheers Goat, good call - as you say, no point wasting leccy.